advertisement

Dynavector P75

Screen_Shot_2017_10_06_at_13_51_26.png

http://www.pearaudio.com/dynavector.html

anyone heard one?

Keith: if you want to do a blind comparison with an earlier model, i'd be "all ears" for the result...

Joe Hi, I am waiting for more stock but as soon as I have fulfilled back orders I will send you a unit, so far opinions have been extremely positive.
Keith

I invested in a Mk1 and it is incredibly easily configured, especially if you make some simple jumpers with tight tolerance MF resistors - Dynavector have missed a very obvious simplification here - just provide one loading jumper position for each channel and a handful of paired resistance jumpers.......... All of the ludicrous faff with this and that jumpers being fitted or not is unnecessary complication and confusion.

Anyway, with the DrT tweak, it sounds very like the Iso that I have used from new - hardly surprising as they use the same chip. BUT it is quieter than the Iso, by quite a margin.
I have run through 3 loadings for the DV20X2L and at around 800R, it sounds better than the 32R or so recommended in the P75 and 100R in the cart' destructions (as does the Iso) - more detail, especially in the bass.

For anyone interested, the calculations give resistance loadings as follows (for the Mk1) -

Jumper blocks 1 and 2 -
(1-2 adds in the DrT tweak)
3-4 ALONE - 470R
5-6 ALONE - 127R
7-8 ALONE - 43R

I have just had to Google the 640P - I bought the Iso not long after launch and have had neither inclination nor money to look elsewhere since, and only curiosity had me buy the P75.
Looks like Cambridge 540P's, 640P's and 651P's are available (all way under £100 s/h) - presumably the mod' applies specifically to the 640P?
I have also had a very brief look at the very brief manual for a 640P and presumably the Arkless mod' is what provides variable loading as the original seems not to include this?

I have just had to Google the 640P - I bought the Iso not long after launch and have had neither inclination nor money to look elsewhere since, and only curiosity had me buy the P75.
Looks like Cambridge 540P's, 640P's and 651P's are available (all way under £100 s/h) - presumably the mod' applies specifically to the 640P?
I have also had a very brief look at the very brief manual for a 640P and presumably the Arkless mod' is what provides variable loading as the original seems not to include this?

The 540P is not suitable. 640P, 651P and CP2 are all suitable. After the mods the MM sockets are redundant and are used for loading plugs. It is still MM and MC compatible and has 2.5 times the gain of the original. It's basically my circuitry in the CA casework, re-using the CA power supply, sockets switches etc.

Cunning!! :) Sounds like you've gone the obvious loading route, not the relatively tortuous one chosen by Dynavector.

I haven't gone through the other thread in detail, but if there is a loan possible, drop me a PM - presumably £3-4 or so each way insured carriage???? As I have said, I can give it a listen compared to a P75 Mk1 and also an Iso.

Is the Arkless mod'/version based around the same (Lucent Technologies??????, from poor memory) chip as well?

Cunning!! :)

I haven't gone through the other thread in detail, but if there is a loan possible, drop me a PM - presumably £3-4 or so each way insured carriage???? As I have said, I can give it a listen compared to a P75 Mk1 and also an Iso.

Is the Arkless mod'/version based around the same (Lucent Technologies??????, from poor memory) chip as well?

£11 each way insured carriage which is why I need there to be several people all wanting to hear it before I am willing to send it out for demo. Most are sold unheard these days and turn around is usually within two weeks. It does not use a Lucent chip no.

The general consensus seems to be that mine wins on PRaT, slam, speed and detail but the P75 wins on sound-staging and timbrel accuracy. There's not much in it either way...except the price!

I have more stock of the Latest version of the Dynavector P75 ( 4) available for evaluation ,drop me a line or email Purité Audio.
Keith—

I moved this into the trade area yesterday as it had so obviously become a series of adverts. Apologies to the thread starter who was just looking for impressions.

I have the P75 MKIII, but was really confused when I purchased it, as 2 of the jumper locations had been changed to micro switches. The enclosed instructions made no reference to the change. I emailed Dynavector for clarification but no reply. The German dealer who sold it to me had no idea of the introduction of the micro switches and was equally perplexed. I contacted Pear audio and they were first class in sorting me out with the required info.

advertisement

Back