advertisement

Diane Abbott

Creating concentration camps in Rwanda to illegally kidnap and deport (brown) refugees to: fine.

Taking £10,000,000 from a racist advocating the murder of a black MP for a £400,000,000 government contract and access to our medical data: fine.

Appearing on stage with a far-right white-supremacist, selling conspiracy theory, and tacitly defending the EDL: fine.

Accepting money to deliver racism, bigotry, transphobia, science-denial and conspiracy theory on the far-right GB News money-laundering channel: fine.

Criticising government support of a racist genocide and apartheid: EXTREMISM!

And they think they can do this with only 18% of the electorate behind them. No one should respect partisan Tory laws. Screw them. They have zero mandate for this far-right shit. That they chose to get a lying coke-head nutter like Gove to present it is just comical. Beyond parody.

Creating concentration camps in Rwanda to illegally kidnap and deport (brown) refugees to: fine.

Taking £10,000,000 from a racist advocating the murder of a black MP for a £400,000,000 government contract and access to our medical data: fine.

Appearing on stage with a far-right white-supremacist, selling conspiracy theory, and tacitly defending the EDL: fine.

Accepting money to deliver racism, bigotry, transphobia, science-denial and conspiracy theory on the far-right GB News money-laundering channel: fine.

Criticising government support of a racist genocide and apartheid: EXTREMISM!

And they think they can do this with only 18% of the electorate behind them. No one should respect partisan Tory laws. Screw them. They have zero mandate for this far-right shit. That they chose to get a lying coke-head nutter like Gove to present it is just comical. Beyond parody.
They’ve finally arrived. The stink that was once kept inside charcoal filtered underpants on the back benches is now blasting out from the Prime Minister and his Cabinet. I’d love to know which ****s in the No.10 basement are telling them to let their junk hang out. If any of them are foreign nationals and this can be pinned to them, they should be deported. I’m thinking of 2 in particular who’s presence is not conducive to the public good.

Everyone is guilty of something.

Remember, also, we are talking about politicians.

Not the first port of call for innocence.

The entire episode in Parliament looked pre-orchestrated today and made me feel sick. A succession of pale, male, stale people lecturing on misogyny and racism.
An absolute low.
A modicum of kudos to the SNP.
If racism and gender-bias are unacceptable to all (and I like to think they are) then shouldn’t that sentence just say a succession of stale people? Ie. Are pale males allowed to feel racism towards them, you would be jumped on if you said dark, female people in a critical sentence.

This anomaly aside, British politics does seem to be in a lower state than I can ever recall, who on earth can one vote for currently with any sort of ease of conscience about the morals and competence of the parties and their leaders. I thought it was bad when politicians had their snouts in the expenses troughs but that seems a long time ago.

One thought occurred to me during the post office scandal, will anyone finally be held accountable and go to prison or will that simply fade away due to the next controversy or scandal, then the next, then the next.

I meant to add, I don’t like Diane Abbott but I don’t understand why she wasn’t allowed to speak either.

I meant to add, I don’t like Diane Abbott but I don’t understand why she wasn’t allowed to speak either.

FWIW Diane Abbott is one of the very few MPs in the HoC I have any respect for. She seems genuinely kind and compassionate with a functional moral compass. That alone puts her into the top 10% in there. I sincerely hope history will be a lot kinder to her than current reality. She has been on the right side of most issues, and again that places her in a distinct minority.

I meant to add, I don’t like Diane Abbott but I don’t understand why she wasn’t allowed to speak
It is what a politician stands for that determines what I like, or don’t, about them. What is it that is so unlikeable about Dianne Abbott

If racism and gender-bias are unacceptable to all (and I like to think they are) then shouldn’t that sentence just say a succession of stale people? Ie. Are pale males allowed to feel racism towards them, you would be jumped on if you said dark, female people in a critical sentence.
This is probably a distraction from the thread topic, but I disagree. Your argument here feels slightly contrived - not unlike the one that tries to paint anti-Zionism as antisemitism. The 'pale, male' bit is important in establishing that those doing the lecturing are the ones least qualified to lecture on this topic, and also that they still represent by far the biggest faction in our politics and 'leadership' and thus are part of the problem. They are therefore less likely to be part of the solution, which was the point. And you absolutely could use black, female as descriptors in a critical message if the blackness and femaleness was a relevant factor to the criticism. Those who say you couldn't are using the same logic as those who say you can't criticise Israel without being antisemitic.

You appear to be in a hole. Would you like me to hold your shovel for a while?
Digging for excrement isn't within my pay grade😏

If that is what you are looking for then Google might help.

I'm sure she is a very nice person.

You are never going to get an answer. It's not allowed to be critical of her for anything.
Of course you are allowed to be critical of her, but if someone is criticising then they need to say what it is they are criticising.

So far all we have is that Dianne Abbott is guilty of something or other and that something or other has not been made clear.

If someone doesn’t like Abbott, that’s fine, just say why. If that someone can’t say why, that dislike must be based on somesort of ill defined prejudice

advertisement

Back