advertisement

Courier's bearing gifts

Happened to me, bought super duper cycling jersey, Rapha Tourmalet special edition,
Hermes delivered it to wrong close round the corner, when I eventually contacted them,
they mailed back showing a photo of it from another door with different mat,
much tooing and froing with promises of looking into it and retrieving my parcel,
no joy, I eventually gave up, £55.00 bargain down the drain. :mad:

Unless you directly arranged and booked the courier your contract and complaint should be with the vendor and IME they usually bend over backwards to resend and absorb any costs. Wiggle are brilliant at this, I have had packages going astray with them and an email or call always get a new item sent out, usually next day .

In fact I returned some incorrectly ordered wheels via the ASDA parcel collect service that they asked me to use and the ASDA side was all confusion with the automated system failing. An ASDA person took my package with assurances they would sort it out and I ended up with a call from Wiggle asking why I had sent them an Steam Iron back instead of the wheels :eek: When I explained the ASDA situation they just said not to worry and they would deal with it and I never heard any more about it.

If I was your friend , I'd wait until I got my dog food and then drop round the other package myself.

Alternatively, he could of course do nothing, claim he hasn't seen any packages and quietly e bay the contents once a suitable time has elapsed. However, I'd think twice about that if I knew a friend of mine had posted about it on a public facing internet forum.

I ordered yellow ink for my printer and the actual company (not courier) sent me a voip phone instead I contacted them three times but they just didn’t care.

so anyway if anyone wants a voip phone for a good price lol.

If I was your friend , I'd wait until I got my dog food and then drop round the other package myself.

Alternatively, he could of course do nothing, claim he hasn't seen any packages and quietly e bay the contents once a suitable time has elapsed. However, I'd think twice about that if I knew a friend of mine had posted about it on a public facing internet forum.

How many times?

No one is hiding anything here the courier company and the pet food supplier have both been contacted and informed and none of them seem remotely interested in chasing up the lost orders and the pet food supplier have now dispatched another order with the same courier so that appears to be the end of the matter.

Thanks to all who actually read the OP properly and offered constructive advice to the others like this crap above go and bug someone else or better still start a cable thread.

Unless you directly arranged and booked the courier your contract and complaint should be with the vendor and IME they usually bend over backwards to resend and absorb any costs. Wiggle are brilliant at this, I have had packages going astray with them and an email or call always get a new item sent out, usually next day .

In fact I returned some incorrectly ordered wheels via the ASDA parcel collect service that they asked me to use and the ASDA side was all confusion with the automated system failing. An ASDA person took my package with assurances they would sort it out and I ended up with a call from Wiggle asking why I had sent them an Steam Iron back instead of the wheels :eek: When I explained the ASDA situation they just said not to worry and they would deal with it and I never heard any more about it.
It was a eBay purchase, when I got the “item delivered” mail with pic of door and mat,
i knew it’s gone awol, as the landing tiles were like my abode, I started going round the flats armed with my pic,
after numerous calls to the door, no answer, eventually spoke to a resident who said there was a parcel left down at the stair planter,
obviously the owner of the flat knew it wasn’t his so left it for other apartments in the building,
after a few weeks, it disappeared, someone has nabbed it (bit like Tony’s dog food),
I couldn’t really claim non delivery from seller,
i just felt it wasn’t fair and dealing with Hermes for their mistake is a nightmare.

Going by yours and Garyi’s experience, the courier sector is a shambles.

It was a eBay purchase, when I got the “item delivered” mail with pic of door and mat,
i knew it’s gone awol, as the landing tiles were like my abode, I started going round the flats armed with my pic,
after numerous calls to the door, no answer, eventually spoke to a resident who said there was a parcel left down at the stair planter,
obviously the owner of the flat knew it wasn’t his so left it for other apartments in the building,
after a few weeks, it disappeared, someone has nabbed it (bit like Tony’s dog food),
i just felt it wasn’t fair and dealing with Hermes for their mistake is a nightmare.

Just had an Asda delivery, tonight’s dinner (curry carry out) missing, I’ve already requested a refund which Asda have processed but another balls up.

And, btw to those trolls on this thread who have suggested that I go to a person’s door, who’s parcel we have, and deliver it to them myself?

Okay let’s run with that for a moment that parcel has a pretty high value so I hand it over to some random punter up the road then the courier asks for it back and I don’t have have it cause I’ve just handed about 150 quid’s worth of stuff to someone who has probably reported their parcel missing and may well have a replacement already so what happens then smart arses?

My sympathies, not much you could have done there really and on eBay hard to blame the seller. My comment was based on it being a shop.

My overall experiences based on a LOT of deliveries is it works 99% of the time but when it does not the couriers are shockingly bad

Just had an Asda delivery, tonight’s dinner (curry carry out) missing, I’ve already requested a refund which Asda have processed but another balls up.
That’s a right ball ache that, that was to save you cooking of having to go out to get your curry,
feel for you mate, hope the weekends on the up.

My sympathies, not much you could have done there really and on eBay hard to blame the seller. My comment was based on it being a shop.

My overall experiences based on a LOT of deliveries is it works 99% of the time but when it does not the couriers are shockingly bad
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/rapha-tourmalet-jersey-limited-170832611

Thanks, that jersey would’ve looked gorgeous on me anaw, :p
it wasn’t to be and I wasn’t going to pay £130.00 for it on its release.

You can say that again, wouldn’t surprise if it was same Hermes driver,
a little later,a parcel through my letter box to another close with a note could I take this round to the house,
he got access to my building as the control entry system was broke,as a model neighbour, of course I did.

Yodel use a route planner system ironically called ‘expect’ their drivers rarely get the same route 2 days in a row and use a manual mark up method
You’ll see a marker pen number on the package.
They will take little or no notice of the actual address info on the parcel I’m afraid.
Personally I’d drop it off at the correct address if it’s just round the corner. Imagine if it was your precious Hifi equipment that you’d sold and how pissed you’d be knowing someone had deliberately kept it. Yes it’s a yodel cockup I get that but hopefully Khama will repay you further down the line.

Alternatively, you're expecting an expensive parcel. The courier has proof of delivery, to the wrong address mind you, they and the vendor ignore your protestations and youre out £150. Here's the thing, the vendor is insured, the courier is too, the customer could be shit out of luck with that expensive time sensitive gift for your dying child....

Alternatively, you're expecting an expensive parcel. The courier has proof of delivery, to the wrong address mind you, they and the vendor ignore your protestations and youre out £150. Here's the thing, the vendor is insured, the courier is too, the customer could be shit out of luck with that expensive time sensitive gift for your dying child....

Well if said alternative parcel recipient has our parcel which contains grub for a starving spaniel then why haven’t they been in touch dropped it off?

Anyway the contents of said parcel are categorically not for a dying child you can take that to the bank :)

Btw have you ever lived with a hungry spaniel who is used to 400 grams of kibble each day?

Then you request the Geocode data and if the investigation officer is competent the address the parcel was delivered too ( and yodel will know exactly were and when it was delivered ) will get a visit.

Your assuming it's a parcel swap, my last phone ended up at the Chinese takeaway, I didn't have a parcel for them.

advertisement

Back