advertisement

Chord Mojo thread

Here's what you need from Moon Audio.

If anyone here has a Poly with a firmware version less than v3.2.4 it is really worth getting it updated IMO. Important too as Chord are changing the server the Poly looks for, so it may get orphaned in the future and require a return to Chord to update. You can update it via the free Chord GoFigure app. The current firmware is vastly better IME and removes the bug that could make it hard/impossible to see a UPnP server on the other side of a dual-band WiFi network.

I have had the first Mojo since first issue, it is one of the most useful bits of audio kit I own.
It sounds good, has flexible input choice and I find the dual outputs really useful for monitoring the signal.
Battery operation is good for minimising earth loop issues and its small size means it doesn't take up much room on the test bench.
Mine is normally connected to my lap top via USB, and I use it for generating audio tracks from my PC, or for demoing audio kit for sale from an iPad, as this save lugging big boxes about.

I don't normally use it for recreational listening, although when I did use it with HiFi headphones I had it sit on the arm of my chair for easy operation of the volume with a longer SPDIF cable from my rack mounted streamer it worked well for me at the time.

The battery in mine probably needs replacement.

I have had the first Mojo since first issue, it is one of the most useful bits of audio kit I own.

The battery in mine probably needs replacement.
DIY : D

- contains links to all you need

DIY : D

- contains links to all you need

thank you very useful, I’ll add it to my list of jobs

advertisement

Back