advertisement

China Crisis

Walter Becker (Steely Dan) listed as a band member on some of their work.

In 1985, he produced the album Flaunt the Imperfection by China Crisisand is credited on the album as a member of the band.[11] Becker and Fagen reunited in 1986 to collaborate on Zazu, the debut album by Rosie Vela.[24] In 1991, Becker appeared in Fagen's New York Rock and Soul Revue.[25]
- Wikipedia.

Great production and songwriting.

Speaking of production this is interesting - well I never knew till now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Howlett

See also Tears for Fears and Flock of Seagulls.

Nuff said.

Been a fan for a long time but never seen them. I'm putting that right in February when they are playing the whole of Flaunt The Imperfection at the Epstein in Liverpool:). They also regularly play a couple of Xmas dates at the Cavern Club in Liverpool.

Red Letter Day is still one of my favourite tracks of all time.

Also The Bible....

When I first saw you standing there
just like The Beatles
the darling of the paparazzi
so history tells
so I don't get to get around
like I used to
what if I am not getting around
I'll get used to

Oh my, here I am cap in hand again

To live in a crystal palace
everyone will see what we have done
no stones are every thrown
and everyone will see what we have done

A kind of living
a kind of slipping away!

Love it!!

Last edited:
Thanks for this thread, I had forgotten about China Crisis, have started digging back through their albums, nice revisit!

Sounds like they have the wrong management if they are playing pubs. Most 80s chart acts seem to be able to do bigger shows than that at the moment. Got to admit though, I cant think of any beyond Wishful Thinking.

Woah Christian...didn't even know that was by them. Forgot totally about King in a Catholic Style too.

Some great bands about in the 80s, China Crisis, The Blue Nile, Haircut 100, Hipsway, Love & Money, The Communards/Bronski Beat, Hue & Cry.

I love African & White, Christian, Red Sails and Some People I know Lead Fantastic Lives and of course King in Catholic Style.

Also, Long White Car & Ask The Lord (Hipsway, another band that should have been massive IMO).

Love & Money's Dear John & River Of People from their Love & Money album are fabulous too.

I still regularly listen to all of those above.

advertisement

Back