advertisement

Blade Runner 2049

My local and only cinema still doesn't know when they're getting Blade Runner 2049.
So My Little Pony - The Movie here I come.

One of the best looking sci-fi films I've seen in years. Villeneuve is getting close to Kubrick's cinematography. I see he's taking on Dune next.The Johansson soundtrack, as in Sicario is really menacing. Will be going back.

I think I need to see it again too. I think I will wait for the DVD and do them both in one sitting this time, though. I haven't seen the first one for 25 years and have a feeling it might not have aged so well for me. Meaning this one will feel even better.

I think I need to see it again too. I think I will wait for the DVD and do them both in one sitting this time, though. I haven't seen the first one for 25 years and have a feeling it might not have aged so well for me. Meaning this one will feel even better.

I watched the original yesterday. Brilliant...

The Johansson soundtrack, as in Sicario is really menacing. Will be going back.[/QUOTE]

Hans Zimmer did the soundtrack.

Johansson was sacked, for not making it sound like Vangelis apparently.

It had touches of the old soundtrack but did not sound like a dated contrived effort to be so, I thought. So even though I think I prefer the old one, it worked really well. It could have sounded a bit cheesy against the much more modern visuals.

It is not doing well at the box office. This maybe that yoof will not know the original and there are not enough car chases in the sequel.

It is not doing well at the box office. This maybe that yoof will not know the original and there are not enough car chases in the sequel.

Not really one for the ladies apparently, either. That's quite a lot of people.

The original did not do well either.
I saw the original cinema version on my satellite TV last week. I had forgotten about the "happy ending" after watching directors cuts for years

Moebius, the French/Belgian comic book artist, did the initial set designs for Bladerunner. The inspiration for the flame jets came from Scott driving past Middlesbrough at night and the chemical factories.

I like how the world is clearly the same universe, but has evolved as time has passed, some going forward like the cars and some backwards

Saw this yesterday at FACT in Liverpool - full-blown THX sound system and widescreen - amazing to watch and hear. Thought it picked up well from original(s) - the interface between replicants and humanoids well plotted through. Some images made me think what a post-Trump America might look like if he goes to full-on conflict with - well - anyone who dares insult him.

Saw it on iMAX 3D. Wow. A bit too intense at times, more like an experience or ride/attraction.

Amazing will go next week again.

Not as good as first but nothing is so....

Saw it on iMAX 3D. Wow. A bit too intense at times, more like an experience or ride/attraction.
No long chase or ride sequences at all, did I see the same movie? It didn't seem like one of those studio movies which are clearly setting up a 3d thrill ride to become an amusement park ride later

advertisement

Back