advertisement

Blade Runner 2049

Gerard124

pfm Member
Apologies in advance in there is already a thread? I thought there was but can't seem to see it.

Peter Bradshaw has given it a 5 star review with the headline -

"A gigantic spectacle of pure hallucinatory craziness"

All reviews I’ve read so far indicate a blockbuster of a movie. The three mini episodes look good.

From the trailers it does look a little more 'crash, bang, wallop' than the original, but I'm very much looking forward to it.

Mick

Mate was one of the Art Directors on this......I have his word that I will like it and thats good enough for me. Strange that I rarely see him much these days since he began working on movies. He is a couple of years older than I and I remember him driving us to see the Original Blade Runner in one of the old cinemas in Belfast. We sat with our jaws on the floor until the credits had finished and promptly bought tickets to sit through the whole thing again.

All these year later and he is working as one of the art directors......he popped in last Christmas for a coffee.....bedecked in a BR 2049 bomber jacket....to say I was jealous is understatement.

I'm not caring that Vangelis hasn't done the music....he's done very little for a long long time.

I am massively looking forward to it!

I'm sure that it will be more crash-bang-wallop than the original, that's the way of the modern Hollywood blockbuster. Even if it's an intelligent film it has to have more than its fair share of explosions. Expect to see attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, and then some.

I've resolved the cinema sweetie conundrum by taking a picnic of goodies in, bought at the 24 hour supermarket round the corner. I've even been known to bring in a flask, particularly in the 12 months after the accident when I was drinking 5 or 6 litres of fluid a day and peeing like a racehorse (head injuries, you don't want them).

advertisement

Back