advertisement

But just so this thread has sufficient cat content, here's mine again.

RJi4YhM.jpg

Joe

if you don't like a user's avatar, inject this into the css via your favourite tool (i use greasemonkey):

img[alt="CharlieTango"]{ display:none }

...where CarlieTango is the member's username.

i an assist at a fee of $500. no charge if the offending image is of a cat or american pop idol.

vuk.

p.s. i actually do like cats (and dogs) quite a bit, just not as avatars, unless the animal itself is poting.

Oops, uploaded an avataer and then read the bit about nothing tasteless. In Brexit Uk could it be considered as such o_O

Have to admit I’m rather liking the avatars so far. I guess I’ve got so used to seeing them on every other forum that they look far more ‘normal’ now than when I first took an instant dislike to them when they first started to appear on forums a decade or so ago! I started my computer life in a text-only command line environment so all this is ‘fancy stuff’. I now just have to take a picture of my cat...

I’m planning to run with the like system for a month or two and see where we are at the end. I could deny access to it easily enough, but actually removing it is a real crowbar job which would make security updates etc more fiddly etc as there are tons of template edits etc. I have to admit if I can’t do something via either the admin CP or with a well supported plug-in I don’t really want to do it. That approach served me well with vB. Some admins get in a hell of a mess by hacking code.

Oh yes, we've got to keep the avatars. I mean, who doesn't like looking at an image of Greta Garbo - even if it is a cartooned image :)

advertisement

Back