advertisement

Audio Technica AT-637 - Ultrasonic Stylus Cleaner

Do you ever have issues getting the unit to remain still in operation? If you look at this guy's video (watch from 13min) the vibration makes the device jump around. Perhaps because he's using a hard TT mat?!

I’ve never had any issue, though I avoid hard platters like the plague (I’m just too much the record collector to risk it). Every deck I’ve ever owned has had either a felt or rubber mat.

PS The Denon is a new one on me. Doesn’t sound like a safe bet to use the AT with.

Do you ever have issues getting the unit to remain still in operation? If you look at this guy's video (watch from 13min) the vibration makes the device jump around. Perhaps because he's using a hard TT mat?!

Jeez some people don't have the sense they're born with. That guy putting a stylus on a moving cleaner - maybe holding it steady would have been an option! Dipping it on and off like that for less than a second (cause the cleaner won't stay still) is ludicrous.

I’ve used an at-637 with my various decks for nearly 30 years, currently with my Gyrodec and I’ve had no issues using it with a hard platter. I just drop the stylus onto it and job done, No movement at all.

advertisement

Back