advertisement

Another B4 Thread

Actually he had replied but I'd not checked that e-mail account. He will sell them but in a minimum quantity of 20. Bummer.

Actually he had replied but I'd not checked that e-mail account. He will sell them but in a minimum quantity of 20. Bummer.

I would take a few depending on cost..

Or we could do a pfm 'generic transformer PCB' with a few options/suitable for a few different standard sizes..

Sam

I also asked audio wind about the PCB as it is a very neat solution, they didnt answer me but I would take 4 if some one wanted to do a group buy between us I have no problem paying for all 20 of them

I also ordered some more of these trannies from RS for my phono bodge up but they had no stock and couldnt give me a set date Ill have a look when I get home and see if there is a follow up email for my order?
For me these are the ideal solution for low power apps as ther have very low radiated field they neatly fit in a corner some where out of the way and I didnt notice any degredation in sound when I fitted one to my B4 from the original torroid in fact I think it was better

Alan

Let's do it then. I've asked Audiowind for a price for 20. I think I can see a home for at least 10 in the messages above (inc. me). I'll come back when I get a price from him.

Looking in more detail at the mounting on these boards and then going over the specs on RS, these boards will host any of the Talema(*) 15VA and 25VA transformers. These have exactly the same pin spacing as the 15VA and 25VA YHDC(?) transformers that Audiowind is selling.

Outside of audio, I have a number of other project on the go which need a few non-critical transformers of this size. So I'm happy to order the MOQ and see who wants what thereafter.

Duncan

(*) I said Nuvotem in an earlier post. I was mistaken.

Hi Tony,

No you don't need one. It is just a neat/tidy mounting solution if you were to use one of this type of PCB mounting transformers for your PSU. It will fit any of their 15VA/25VA transformers. I plan to use a 25VA/15-0-15 I have to hand. for my B4. I think some of us are buying for other projects too.

The 15VA may do just as well, but someone with more knowledge would need to confirm that for you.

Duncan

15VA will be plenty.

B4 draws about 10mA/channel; runs on say +/- 20V raw, so needs about 1VA in total. You don't want to run it hard, so chose a bigger one to give some safety factor, hence 15 to 25VA is specified.

But if you have some other transformer in the parts drawer, use that.

Question to PigletsDad (sorry if this was already treated in another thread as I did not yet read them all ...):
I know that it is a symetrical PSU but I wanted to know if there is a "thumb" when switching ON / OFF the B4 if the B4 is connected to a NAP ?
Olivier

advertisement

Back