advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Arse fan still looking down on these moneyed upstarts with their freak Scandinavian striker (not for long, I suspect).

Another good win for City, against a team we didn't manage to beat last season. We were not at our best but still won comfortably, with Foden and Haaland looking so, so dangerous up front. Cancelo was unplayable, and the MOM, and it was nice to see Rodri back, nullifying any hint of a Southampton attack with his incredible positional sense, strength and aerial ability. Ajanji has been a bit of revelation, and played well in the right-back role, showing excellent passing with the right and left. A big game today, Arsenal and Liverpool, with the chance for Zinchenko and Jesus to continue their great form.

I saw a rather sobering stat on Twitter the other day, if Haaland plays until he’s 38 he will need to score 48 goals a season to match Ronaldo’s tally. Quite remarkable, assuming it true. This also relies upon Ronaldo not scoring another goal until he retires;)

hope the Spuds can continue in yesterdays manner. defended superbly. took a long while for Bissouma took a while to settle, the Conte way is taking a long while to be accepted for me, still 50/50

hope the Spuds can continue in yesterdays manner. defended superbly. took a long while for Bissouma took a while to settle, the Conte way is taking a long while to be accepted for me, still 50/50
Yes, it's less daring and more doing. But at least Conte is getting better results than Mourinho and NSS.

Well done to Arsenal in a very entertaining game. I am now watching Burnley a lot too, because of Vinnie, and it has been a great start to the season, despite the loss of several players. Now up into fourth and dominating most games, though not always putting away the chances their quality, possession-based football deserves.

Arsenal played very well today but Liverpool had their moments. A nice turn around in respective fortunes which makes the league more interesting.

Steve Bruce: West Bromwich Albion part company with manager

I await the media outcry similar to the critical reaction when Newcastle binned Steve ‘better than Rafa’ Bruce.

I think a good job for him next could be Liverpool. 10th in the league is definitely not acceptable to the scousers who, like manure followers, are entitled to be top.

Klopp out. Bruce in.

Source: BBC

Steve Bruce: West Bromwich Albion part company with manager

I await the media outcry similar to the critical reaction when Newcastle binned Steve ‘better than Rafa’ Bruce.

I think a good job for him next could be Liverpool. 10th in the league is definitely not acceptable to the scousers who, like manure followers, are entitled to be top.

Klopp out. Bruce in.

Source: BBC
Stevielad was so traumatised by his time at Newcastle that he said he would never manage again...and clearly he hasn't.

advertisement

Back