advertisement

2017: WHAT THE F*** IS GOING ON?

Still

he said his naim was ralph
C1aaU2hWIAEepbH.jpg

https://twitter.com/K2PLANTHIRE

Peter Robinson said:
This year began with good news: the KLF, the duo formed in 1987 by Bill Drummond and Jimmy Cauty, and also known as the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, were returning after a 25-year hiatus. The joy was short-lived. News of the comeback centred on a mediocre YouTube collage featuring the duo’s previous videos, which turned out to be something someone had compiled for a 2015 book talk. Drummond himself rained on the whole parade, saying: “Jimmy and I have always remained very close but we have no plans to reform the KLF or exploit our back catalogue in any way.”

His quote, it turns out, was a feat of semantic nuance. Within 24 hours, a photograph of a chanced-upon bill poster appeared on social media, confirming that the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu (not the KLF) were working on new material (rather than exploiting their back catalogue), and that it would be unveiled on 23 August.

The poster was spotted by a journalist who, the Quietus website noted, also happened to be Drummond’s manager. Official confirmation came soon after, with a tweet from Cauty (link).

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2017/jan/05/klf-comeback-bill-drummond-jimmy-cauty

Look forward to it. I can remember being around Cauty's house when they recorded early tracks as the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu.

Jack

Just celebrating my birthday.

I assume they will be calling round in the ice cream van on 23 August to wish me a happy one.

The reason for the moratorium is we have run out of money...................................

Next

I suspect that "hoax" (which preceded the official announcement by one day) is part of the Mu Mu 2017 operation.

Look forward to it. I can remember being around Cauty's house when they recorded early tracks as the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu.

Jack

Please provide the full anecdote(s) :)

The reason for the moratorium is we have run out of money...................................

Next

You given cynicism a bad name, but clearly you didn't seen the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just sold -

"1987 What The ****'s Going On?" by The Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu

I have had that record for about 27+ years and it is awful. I will still have a listen to any new effort though.

Ah, "What Time is Love" - a minor masterpiece. I think I have the 7" of that. And the 12" of "Justified and Ancient". Would be nice to see some new output.

advertisement

Back