advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I particularly like the first, and most of all the last of those, Steve. Winter seaside scenes have a particular melancholy emptiness about them which almost hints at dysptopia, and you have caught it well with these. Very nice conversions too.

That's an enormous wind turbine array. Where is it?

I particularly like the first, and most of all the last of those, Steve. Winter seaside scenes have a particular melancholy emptiness about them which almost hints at dysptopia, and you have caught it well with these. Very nice conversions too.

That's an enormous wind turbine array. Where is it?

Thanks, the third is my favourite of the three too. I guess I’ve got until Easter before these start to open for the new season.

They were taken in North Wales near Abergele, there is indeed a huge wind farm off the coast. The conversion was done using the Alienskin plugin for Photoshop.

I've used the Alienskin trail, and liked it a lot. I normally use Nik, and the two compare very well. The Nik wins for me because of the control points, but the Alienskin film emulations are probably better. It is very easy to use if you are familiar with Nik, the interface is very similar.

I am currently trialing DXo, who have bought Nik from Google. Don't like the interface at all.

David, good photo. I’ve no idea why, but I’ve always struggled to take anything interesting in the Albert Dock/Pierhead area.

David, good photo. I’ve no idea why, but I’ve always struggled to take anything interesting in the Albert Dock/Pierhead area.

Thanks, I think every photographer has nemesis locations, I have plenty!!! I've been to Pier Head a few times in the last couple of months, started looking more for alternative views, other than the Three Graces!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back