advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Sad to see Ainsworth has departed QPR, inevitable really, I’m not sure a replacement is going to do any better there.

Take nothing away from City for a well deserved victory in a very one-sided match but do we really want VAR getting involved in the penalty decision for the first goal?
As soon as VAR brings it to the refs attention he has no choice than to give a pen as it's a clear foul.
Is VAR going to adjudicate over all the pushing & pulling at set pieces?
Classic example imo where VAR should just let the on field ref get on with his job - far too much interference to the detriment of the game as a spectacle and of course no consistency whatsoever.

I know you're suffering with injuries - as are we.
We had 2 keepers on the bench (could have done with the 2nd one on the pitch in the last minute;)) and 3 players from the under 21 squad.
I think we're playing you next month if we can find 22 fit players between us:D
I think we would be a very different team with a fully fit squad. The pairing of Jackson and Nkunku looked productive pre season for example. With so many young players maybe this is the time for some nasty competition from which future champions will be made.

Boehly is a true Darwinian.

What is the point of VAR when they don't intervene when a player clearly elbows an opponent in the face? Not even a free kick given let alone the deserved red card.

That player then scored his team's equaliser.

Two points dropped because of sh1t match officials and yet another apology from PGMOL!

Delighted with today's win and performance. We had, bar the first 10 minutes, almost total control of the game, with excellent performances from many, but especially Grealish, Bernardo and Foden. In the first half, Grealish, Gvardiol and Foden gave the ball away, leading to United chances, but in terms of United's ability to create, they were poor. I said it months ago, but I really think that United could well finish the season without European football: City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Villa, Newcastle, Brighton and Chelsea are all, arguably, better teams, or at least on a par.

Once Man U went 3-0 down it was interesting to hear Gary Nevilles prediction about Bruno Fernandes behaviour as he will get a booking for either dissent at the referee or “doing someone” except on this occasion Johe Stones saw him coming first. I think the City fans were respectful of the ceremony honouring Sir Bobby before the game; United fans less so when they were chanting “Haaland, Haaland how’s your Dad” in reference to Roy Keane career ending tackle on Alfie. Difficult to see where auld Hagen Dass goes from here as the team looked so disjointed and unhappy.

Interesting that you never criticise Mason Mount since he moved from Chelsea to join what is arguably an even more shambolic outfit than the one he left.
I've not seen him have a decent game for United yet - apparently he came on at half time yesterday but if you'd blinked you'd have missed it.

Once Man U went 3-0 down it was interesting to hear Gary Nevilles prediction about Bruno Fernandes behaviour as he will get a booking for either dissent at the referee or “doing someone” except on this occasion Johe Stones saw him coming first. I think the City fans were respectful of the ceremony honouring Sir Bobby before the game; United fans less so when they were chanting “Haaland, Haaland how’s your Dad” in reference to Roy Keane career ending tackle on Alfie. Difficult to see where auld Hagen Dass goes from here as the team looked so disjointed and unhappy.

That's clearly not true, it was Haaland's other knee that ended his career, he played for his country as well as City after that tackle, it's well documented. Also, did you not see the videos on social media mocking the death of Sir Bobby Charlton by City fans in the concourse, of which 2 supporters have received a ban, but there were far more than 2 singing. There are no winners on the moral high ground stakes, there rarely are in football.

That's clearly not true, it was Haaland's other knee that ended his career, he played for his country as well as City after that tackle, it's well documented. Also, did you not see the videos on social media mocking the death of Sir Bobby Charlton by City fans in the concourse, of which 2 supporters have received a ban, but there were far more than 2 singing. There are no winners on the moral high ground stakes, there rarely are in football.
Wonder if the scum bag who was clearly throwing an object at Haaland when he scored will get charged?

He was pointless at Chelsea.
That's a rather harsh dismissal.
He was voted Chelsea player of the year by the fans in seasons 20/21 & 21/22.
One of those seasons Chelsea were crowned European Champions for the 2nd time & at City's expense.
He lost his way during all the upheaval at Chelsea and is clearly struggling at United - he's not alone in that respect.

advertisement

Back