advertisement

All purpose football thread 2023/24 Season

Stamford Bridge then...:rolleyes:
A good couple of reminders of life before VAR last night at Chelsea - Sterling completely wiped out in the penalty area by Blackburn defender & ref just waves play on - litle bit of whinging and then everyone just gets on with the game. Later in the match Gallagher accidentally handles in the area (seen them given) ref waves away appeals amid mild protests and game continues. So one decision definitely wrong and the second one quite possibly would have been given by VAR but the game just continued and everyone just got on with it.
I know what system I prefer.

I wonder how long ETH can last at United? As I have said, I think they could well miss out on European football - City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Villa, Brighton, Newcastle is a tough group to get past. They seem very, very fragile. Naturally, I hope he stays.

I wonder how long ETH can last at United? As I have said, I think they could well miss out on European football - City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Villa, Brighton, Newcastle is a tough group to get past. They seem very, very fragile. Naturally, I hope he stays.
I'm not sure the manager is the problem.
The club is in disarray right at the top - I know only too well how this trickles down and eventually affects the manager, team, fans etc...
Players clearly not giving there all - tracking back non existent and as a consequence hammered by Newcastle reserves.
Long may it continue;)

A good couple of reminders of life before VAR last night at Chelsea - Sterling completely wiped out in the penalty area by Blackburn defender & ref just waves play on - litle bit of whinging and then everyone just gets on with the game. Later in the match Gallagher accidentally handles in the area (seen them given) ref waves away appeals amid mild protests and game continues. So one decision definitely wrong and the second one quite possibly would have been given by VAR but the game just continued and everyone just got on with it.
I know what system I prefer.
The game at Old Trafford a much better watch without VAR. Not just cos we won. Bring in the semi-automatic offside and maybe a limited appeal system for the teams like in cricket for big decisions.
I think Ten Hag is part of the problem - I'll let JLA do all the work:

I'm not sure the manager is the problem.
The club is in disarray right at the top - I know only too well how this trickles down and eventually affects the manager, team, fans etc...
Players clearly not giving there all - tracking back non existent and as a consequence hammered by Newcastle reserves.
Long may it continue;)
Oh, I don't think he is: you can't have Moyes, Mourinho, Van Gaal, Solskjaer, and Ten Haag all failing (relatively) and fail to question the structure of the club. There was a complacency, and an arrogance, to the emergence of Manchester City, certainly, exemplified by the infamous 'not in my lifetime.' Continuing to buy expensive first team signings, and paying them top dollar, without investing in the stadium or academy spoke more about investment in the brand than in the sporting project. The latter has to come first in sport because it drives the former. Of course, I do not wish to see a successful Manchester United because I am a fan of their local rival, but I think any Manchester United fan knows that even with a takeover, United are at least three to five years away from catching up. Without an immediate takeover, we are into a decade or more.

i can almost hear the sound of a boot going in
Not from me. They are a long way off, and looking at the squad, a number of players who just are not top drawer. United will lose money on most of their squad if they were to sell - who would pay 85m for Anthony or Maguire now? The strength of a growing number of rivals is the big issue - clubs without a recent history of success are employing top-drawer managers and paying big money. These clubs are now making a very strong top eight who are all capable of competing with United.

United suffer on two fronts, too many players who are not at the required level and toxicity, whether Fernandes has the ability is not relevant but he is certainly an obnoxious toxic arse who needs to be removed prior to a new manager and another rebuild!

United suffer on two fronts, too many players who are not at the required level and toxicity, whether Fernandes has the ability is not relevant but he is certainly an obnoxious toxic arse who needs to be removed prior to a new manager and another rebuild!
When you say 'needs to be removed', what exactly are you saying?:)

I don't think there'd be much of a queue to buy him in the PL - gifted player but a complete sh*t.
I couldn't believe it when United made him captain - zero leadership qualities and the only example he sets is a bad one.

Ist half at St. James' Park not a great advert for the PL.
Petulance from both sides punctuated by the odd bit of football.
Hoping for better things in the 2nd half.

Ist half at St. James' Park not a great advert for the PL.
Petulance from both sides punctuated by the odd bit of football.
Hoping for better things in the 2nd half.

Havertz is in a different world at the moment
, away with the fairies, and certainly nothing like the young striker who arrived at Chelsea - it wouldn’t surprise me if there are some underlying issues with him.

It is a feisty one, that's for sure - Newcastle are a good side and this is a competitive match.

Very happy with the City win - what a performance from Jeremy Doku, who becomes the youngest player in PL history to get 4 assists in a single game. He was simply outstanding.

Havertz is in a different world at the moment
, away with the fairies, and certainly nothing like the young striker who arrived at Chelsea - it wouldn’t surprise me if there are some underlying issues with him.
He's a huge talent imo but he looks completely lost in that Arsenal side.

advertisement

Back