advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got around to fixing up an Allo Signature with Shanti PSU today. Lovely, but no obvious difference from my Allo Digione/LPSU. I’ll probably use both in my two systems eventually, so not disappointed. For a few hundred (S/H) it was a painless itch to scratch.

Reactions: mjw
Bought the last ever Christmas card for my wife. A very emotional experience trying to find a card that was suitable.

Heather's battle with lung cancer is nearly run. Since her last stay in hospital 2 months ago there has been a slow decline, her appetite is so poor these days. The weight has just melted away, it is painful to see her so thin, little more than skin and bones. I'm not sure if she really appreciates what a poor state she is in now. She obviously doesn't have long left. She was able to get up for supper tonight but was back in bed by 8.00. I don't know how long she will be able to get out of bed, she is a pretty determined character so she will always make an effort.

Went to a funeral today, the husband of one of Heather's first teaching colleagues passed away last week from prostate cancer. Couldn't help thinking that the next funeral I will attend will probably be Heather's. At least we have talked over her wishes and planning will be easy. I need to start writing the eulogy, I won't be able to deliver it but I am best placed to put together her life story and achievements.

Bought the last ever Christmas card for my wife. A very emotional experience trying to find a card that was suitable.

Heather's battle with lung cancer is nearly run. Since her last stay in hospital 2 months ago there has been a slow decline, her appetite is so poor these days. The weight has just melted away, it is painful to see her so thin, little more than skin and bones. I'm not sure if she really appreciates what a poor state she is in now. She obviously doesn't have long left. She was able to get up for supper tonight but was back in bed by 8.00. I don't know how long she will be able to get out of bed, she is a pretty determined character so she will always make an effort.

Went to a funeral today, the husband of one of Heather's first teaching colleagues passed away last week from prostate cancer. Couldn't help thinking that the next funeral I will attend will probably be Heather's. At least we have talked over her wishes and planning will be easy. I need to start writing the eulogy, I won't be able to deliver it but I am best placed to put together her life story and achievements.
I can’t imagine how hard this must be for both of you.

Take care
Hamish

Just back from Human League in Nottm. Sporadic mask wearing, but we kept ours on. Good gig. Being Boiled had particular resonance, and was actually played without backing tracks!

I feel for you cctaylor and send my virtual hug too. My wife went through hell for the last year of her life, passing away peacefully just over a year ago. We had 37 happy years together and writing the eulogy brought back so many happy memories.
I miss her every day of course but have to be positive and move on.

Recovering from a long day ( 10 hours ) collecting a pair of 30 year old solid mahogany 6ft 6" bookcase's
And a rather nice R2R machine
Around 200 miles , Lots of heavy lifting ,
A challenge getting them from the van into the house all on my lonesome :eek:
I Need a rest now :D

called at 05.50 to nipper no 2 who has has a crash , fortunately the other party stopped but was not very pleasant but fortunately they are both insured

then a fair old while on phone to virgin to sort out someones account . very helpful guys at virgin 10/10 for helpfulness . impressed

Just back from Human League in Nottm. Sporadic mask wearing, but we kept ours on. Good gig. Being Boiled had particular resonance, and was actually played without backing tracks!

I heard a group of middle-aged women in Sainsbury’s (Mansfield) talking about the Human League gig in Nottm. What little I overheard was all positive.

I do like Phil Oakey, he has a distinct rich voice, and he sings in my key!

Today, we were mostly searching for the site of a Royal Hunting Lodge. Not much left of it now, but apparently, it was right here….

51745660957_29759ec5c2_z.jpg

I could be standing in the same spot as a noble knight of yesteryear. Or a grubby little peasant. Hard to be sure

We once spent a very annoying day trying (and failing) to find a Bronze-Age hillfort in mid-Wales known as Mouse Castle. Ever since, an unsuccessful outing has been known in our family as ‘A bit of a Mouse Castle’.

We once spent a very annoying day trying (and failing) to find a Bronze-Age hillfort in mid-Wales known as Mouse Castle. Ever since, an unsuccessful outing has been known in our family as ‘A bit of a Mouse Castle’.
The last castle hunt I dragged everyone else on revealed a slightly discernible flattened rectangular piece of ground with a ditch and a bank with almost several inches between them. It excited me enormously. MrsKs and Betsy the Howling Wolf slightly less so.

Love a castle me

As a nipper, one year my parents decided we couldn’t afford a ‘proper’ holiday, so my father took us on various days out, some more successful than others. We had no car in those days, so everything had to be based around places we could reach by train. One was a castle in Wales, of which there are many to choose from. Unfortunately the one my father chose was basically a couple of walls, and was in the middle of nowhere, and it rained. Even worse was the outing to Heswall Hills, which are certainly in Heswall, but barely qualify as hills.

As a nipper, one year my parents decided we couldn’t afford a ‘proper’ holiday, so my father took us on various days out, some more successful than others. We had no car in those days, so everything had to be based around places we could reach by train. One was a castle in Wales, of which there are many to choose from. Unfortunately the one my father chose was basically a couple of walls, and was in the middle of nowhere, and it rained. Even worse was the outing to Heswall Hills, which are certainly in Heswall, but barely qualify as hills.
:( makes a week in Filey sound positively luxurious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back