advertisement

Brexit Nutters out in the open

I reckon we'll see at least one of the 62 (maybe several) make a last stand in the Commons next March with a rusty World War I revolver. Or perhaps with some cutlery from the Commons canteen if they can't get it past security.

I reckon we'll see at least one of the 62 (maybe several) make a last stand in the Commons next March with a rusty World War I revolver. Or perhaps with some cutlery from the Commons canteen if they can't get it past security.
You make a fair point with humour. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for these ultra nationalists- they will be reluctant to allow it to slip from their grasp and with the help of Dacre, Murdoch and the Barclays, a range of unwelcome and destructive gambits are possible. Civil disorder among them.

As far as I can tell the only people who want an extreme Brexit as those born into quite exceptional wealth and privilege with no real grasp of reality or those disenfranchised right at the very bottom of society with nothing to lose. Those in the middle are likely far more pragmatic as they are the ones who will lose out. The millionaires who created the mess like Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Farage, Barclay Bros etc will be millionaires afterwards as they have all their wealth hidden very cleverly offshore etc, those at the bottom have nothing to lose (though it will certainly get worse for them as tax revenue is lost and benefits are squeezed even further). It is the middle class business owners, home-owners, savers etc who will be hung out to dry by a hard Tory Brexit and I’m sure many of them know it.
I agree with all of that 100%. The Business interested in Brexit is based on doing away with worker rights, selling off public services and turning the UK into a tax haven.

My only point is that despite this, despite it becoming daily more apparent that Brexit is going to be at best a mess, at worst a disaster, people who were pro Brexit are still pro Brexit.

Came as something of a shock to me that buses, do not, of necessity, have to have lies plastered on the side.
More information about this campaign here

As far as I can tell the only people who want an extreme Brexit as those born into quite exceptional wealth and privilege with no real grasp of reality or those disenfranchised right at the very bottom of society with nothing to lose.

What about the likes of Mr Yorkshire Tea and his ‘Brexit, UKIP, Britain for the British’ chums? I wouldn’t say they were right at the bottom of society. Financially, I mean, not intellectually or morally.

I agree with all of that 100%. The Business interested in Brexit is based on doing away with worker rights, selling off public services and turning the UK into a tax haven.

My only point is that despite this, despite it becoming daily more apparent that Brexit is going to be at best a mess, at worst a disaster, people who were pro Brexit are still pro Brexit.

Where is the evidence of this?

I'm sure many moderate people would respect your stand on asparagus, but what about all this extremist nonsense about abolishing slavery?

As far as I can tell the only people who want an extreme Brexit as those born into quite exceptional wealth and privilege with no real grasp of reality or those disenfranchised right at the very bottom of society with nothing to lose.
Nobody of any significance is promoting an extreme brexit. Even the letter the op refers to is referring to the Lancaster house speech which calls for a free trade deal with the EU.

Regards who voted brexit it was largely immigration based upon the wholesale importation of low-paid EU workers because it destroys conditions of British workers.

Not good but i think it's pretty disrespectful to call 52% of your fellow Brits nutters either because you have a hatred of Tory's, you dislike this country and what it has achieved or you have a different opinion.

Nobody has really answered the question of how you can support Corbyn when he is so anti Eu?

Lol. Show me proof I voted brexit otherwise I will sue?

Don't worry. As you enter you twilight years it is only normal that you will find some aspects of modern life a little more challenging. It is not a definite sign of dementia, it may just be the sort of forgetfulness that comes with age.

I realise that it is unsettling, and that it might not be what you and your generation "fought that Hitler for", but our modern society is tolerant of many lifestyles now.

It is only natural that you may come to resent the young, and seek to rob them of a future with your reactionist views. Voting to destroy the economy and consign generations to misery, poverty and disease is a natural response to the sense of frustration your get when you can no longer make sense of the world around you.

Racism, homophobia, sexism, trickle down economics and national finances being like Mr Micawber or Mrs Beaton are just what was normal to your generation. You can't be expected to adjust to reality after a lifetime of these lies.

Please don't be embarrassed about it, or attempt to hide it.

Don't worry. As you enter you twilight years it is only normal that you will find some aspects of modern life a little more challenging. It is not a definite sign of dementia, it may just be the sort of forgetfulness that comes with age.

I realise that it is unsettling, and that it might not be what you and your generation "fought that Hitler for", but our modern society is tolerant of many lifestyles now.

It is only natural that you may come to resent the young, and seek to rob them of a future with your reactionist views. Voting to destroy the economy and consign generations to misery, poverty and disease is a natural response to the sense of frustration your get when you can no longer make sense of the world around you.

Racism, homophobia, sexism, trickle down economics and national finances being like Mr Micawber or Mrs Beaton are just what was normal to your generation. You can't be expected to adjust to reality after a lifetime of these lies.

In true corbynista response. Abuse but no evidence.

I don't recall Mr Micawber being racist. I really liked his intervention with David Copperfield's woes. I liked his sound logic too.

Where is the evidence of this?
Oh please...you'll get a whole load of elitist economist reports saying the end is nigh. Let's just hope we get something at least close to what the Tory 'nutters' are asking for.

Watched 'Darkest Hour' last week, what an inspirational film. Amazing what a positive outlook can do for a nation. You won't find it here though.

Oh please...you'll get a whole load of elitist economist reports saying the end is nigh. Let's just hope we get something at least close to what the Tory 'nutters' are asking for.

Watched 'Darkest Hour' last week, what an inspirational film. Amazing what a positive outlook can do for a nation. You won't find it here though.

Lol you're not allowed to be positive. You can only hate this country.

It does frustrate me. I wonder what planet some of these posters live on.

Since brexit I have sat on the board of two companies (one £12bn and one £200m) so relatively large companies.

I have never heard any conversation around brexit and it's opportunities to screw staff over. 99% of companies do not operate that way and haven't for a number of years. Those that do just don't hang on to staff anymore and slowly die. It is completely the opposite these days.

In true corbynista response. Abuse but no evidence.

I want you to know that I forgive you. And that I apologise for any offence I may have caused. I should have allowed for your disabilities. And not held you to the same standard of logic, reason and debate as the others. It was unusually cruel and unacceptable. I have booked myself on diversity training.

advertisement

Back