advertisement

Brexit Nutters out in the open

Oh please...you'll get a whole load of elitist economist reports saying the end is nigh. Let's just hope we get something at least close to what the Tory 'nutters' are asking for.

Not for the first time, I am reminded of H L Mencken's definition of democracy: 'The belief that the common people know what's best for them, and that they deserve to get it, good and hard'.

Watched 'Darkest Hour' last week, what an inspirational film. Amazing what a positive outlook can do for a nation. You won't find it here though.

Amazingly enough, Churchill was in favour of closer integration between European countries, including the UK; it was that nice Mr Attlee who was agin' it

You have four friends, ET:)?
Edit
Four apocalyptic horsemen is the norm...guess the 25% increase can be attributed to tory brexit.

The fifth horseman is a gallant Brit, doomed to lose out on the medals again, but a plucky loser.

My bible reading days were long, long ago but I think I remember their names - weren’t they Xenophobia, Old Age, Gullibility, Self-interest and (the most fearsome of them all) Daily Mail Reader?

Four apocalyptic horsemen is the norm...guess the 25% increase can be attributed to tory brexit.

The fifth one didn’t get mentioned in the book of Revelation - he was late on parade because he was buying his paper.

Note the absence of any mention of those young Poles, Romanians etc no longer able to earn money here after Brexit to send back as remittances to their poorer countries.

Methinks the nutters have chosen their leader and his latest yesterday was a particularly strong call to arms.

"Brexit transition strategy document is a perversion of democracy" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...exit-transition-strategy-document-perversion/

Mrs May is perverting democracy! Grrrrrrr! Cue the Male Online...

DD_usodXoAkptbn.jpg

Note the absence of any mention of those young Poles, Romanians etc no longer able to earn money here after Brexit to send back as remittances to their poorer countries.

There was a seasonal workers scheme for Romanians and Bulgarians prior to those countries coming into EU free movement, and I am sure that there will be again. It won't do much to address the increasing unemployment amongst British 18-24 year olds, of course, but apparently they don't want to do demeaning seasonal work.

I am morally relatively untainted on that one, incidentally, as I spent two seasons picking potatoes with itinerant gypsy families when I were a lad. No machine picking then, like these lucky Romanians get. It wasn't exactly fun, though the banter was always lively.

I spent two seasons picking potatoes with itinerant gypsy families when I were a lad. No machine picking then, like these lucky Romanians get. It wasn't exactly fun, though the banter was always lively.

Blimey ET, maybe we were on the same riddler! Always fun on frosty mornings, none of this 'indoor' namby pamby automation.

“Lucky Romanians”-there’ll be a few Brexit voters out in the Shires expressing the same sentiment in a matter of time. Gove will introduce a vocational qualification for turnip lifting.

There was a seasonal workers scheme for Romanians and Bulgarians prior to those countries coming into EU free movement, and I am sure that there will be again. It won't do much to address the increasing unemployment amongst British 18-24 year olds, of course, but apparently they don't want to do demeaning seasonal work.

I am morally relatively untainted on that one, incidentally, as I spent two seasons picking potatoes with itinerant gypsy families when I were a lad. No machine picking then, like these lucky Romanians get. It wasn't exactly fun, though the banter was always lively.

"Brexit Nutters out in the open III"

It’s a fab thread title- it sounds like a Brian De Palma flick. Opening scene- Brexit voter sent on first day out in the fields gets head stoved in with frozen turnip.

“Lucky Romanians”-there’ll be a few Brexit voters out in the Shires expressing the same sentiment in a matter of time. Gove will introduce a vocational qualification for turnip lifting.
I suspect that there may. The Romanians I worked with on my last contract had worked in Italy before they came to England because there is more work. If they are no longer able to work here then I suspect they will be back in Italy before long. If the work here for the less fortunate Brexiters is a min wage job filleting fish in Grimsby then they may well wish that they could trade it in for a job at a seafront cafe in Tuscany or Campania.

Lol you're not allowed to be positive. You can only hate this country.

It does frustrate me. I wonder what planet some of these posters live on.

Since brexit I have sat on the board of two companies (one £12bn and one £200m) so relatively large companies.

I have never heard any conversation around brexit and it's opportunities to screw staff over. 99% of companies do not operate that way and haven't for a number of years. Those that do just don't hang on to staff anymore and slowly die. It is completely the opposite these days.
So you admit that companies used to operate this way? And they don't (if they don't) only because fatal flight of staff results?

I therefor conclude you have provided confirmation that companies are simply acting in their perceived self interest, and have NOT undergone an epiphany of realization that humane values are what make life worth living. I further conclude that they will again start screwing the employees like crazy whenever they again see advantage in doing so (if indeed they have truly stopped).

Soft Brexit ... Hard Brexit !!!

What load of old tsoh !

There's only one Brexit and that's out. Both the remain and leave campaigns made it absolutely clear that a vote leave meant leaving the single market and customs union.

Wer're leaving and get over it !

advertisement

Back