advertisement

Trump Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also the fact that he's on the same wavelength as lots of other Americans. A bit of conspiracy here, a bit of racism there, lots of rage here, there and everywhere. He speaks their language.

There has still been zero condemnation for the Russian government from Trump. It is now the fault of Obama: "Finally, Liddle’ Adam Schiff, the leakin’ monster of no control, is now blaming the Obama Administration for Russian meddling in the 2016 Election. He is finally right about something. Obama was President, knew of the threat, and did nothing. Thank you Adam!" https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/965199840471810049

He banks on that. Has he been wrong so far?

We’ll see at the midterm elections. I’m aware that there’s a set of hardcore supporters for whom he can literally do no wrong. However his overall support is at an all time low and my hope is that many of the people who voted for him because he wasn’t Clinton have realised what a monster they put in the White House.

It's part 9,867 of 'He didn't? He did...'

He actually posted this: "Very sad that the FBI missed all of the many signals sent out by the Florida school shooter. This is not acceptable. They are spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign - there is no collusion. Get back to the basics and make us all proud!" https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/965075589274177536

He's a wrecking ball for America. Revulsion at how low he'll go on one side of the political divide versus lots of "He's right" on the other side.

I suspect if Putin did think he could help swing things towards getting a President Trump, even he can't have imagined just how well it's turned out.

That is a sickening tweet.

Asking questions about the FBI's response to the intelligence they had about the perpretator of the terrorist incident at the Florida school is fair enough.

Using this tragedy to pursue his own personal vendetta against the FBI and to undermine the ongoing investigation is shameful.

Trump is an evil man.

We’ll see at the midterm elections. I’m aware that there’s a set of hardcore supporters for whom he can literally do no wrong. However his overall support is at an all time low and my hope is that many of the people who voted for him because he wasn’t Clinton have realised what a monster they put in the White House.

I share your hope. But you can't underestimate the popularity of easy answers, baseless optimism and presenting scapegoats. Nor the seige mentality of playing 'victims of the establishment'. I'm not sure the electorate will have had long enough to realise, let alone accept, that it's not going to be for them in any tangible way.

Trump is now retweeting a bloke with this image as his profile header https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banners/919522220325535744/1508147964/1500x500

Keks and the cucks. Trump as Jesus. Peak alt-right.

The Trump lunacy never stops. It just keeps building. I don't see how you simply vote Trump away and return to 'normal'. He has changed the political landscape. The right-wing fringe elements of racists and conspiracy theorists are empowered like never before and are increasingly becoming the mainstream right.

The only ray of hope is that 'only' about a third of the American population are fully aboard the Trump train.

It's just a matter of time...

156.jpg

That is a sickening tweet.

Asking questions about the FBI's response to the intelligence they had about the perpretator of the terrorist incident at the Florida school is fair enough.

Using this tragedy to pursue his own personal vendetta against the FBI and to undermine the ongoing investigation is shameful.

Trump is an evil man.

Here's a response and a half to Trump's tweet:

"Oh my god. 17 OF MY CLASSMATES AND FRIENDS ARE GONE AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO MAKE THIS ABOUT RUSSIA???!! HAVE A DAMN HEART. You can keep all of your fake and meaningless “thoughts and prayers”." https://twitter.com/morganw_44/status/965198475540549632

One of the students at the school was interviewed on C4 News, she managed to lock herself in a cupboard to avoid the shooter. She was wonderfully articulate and to the point, well worth watching on C4+1. There looks to be a really angry and highly focused groundswell against the hard-right NRA lobby and a substantial student mass action including a march on Washington is scheduled for March. She was saying every politician on the NRA payroll will be publicly exposed and made to answer.

His Twitter profile picture is currently him grinning & giving a thumbs up with police officers who responded to the school shooting.

Oh, and possibly war with China too. A misunderstanding? Really?
  • "When the U.S. military aide carrying the nuclear football entered the Great Hall, Chinese security officials blocked his entry. (The official who carries the nuclear football is supposed to close to the president at all times, along with a doctor.)
  • A U.S. official hurried into the adjoining room and told Kelly what was happening. Kelly rushed over and told the U.S. officials to keep walking — "We're moving in," he said — and the Americans all started moving.
  • Then there was a commotion. A Chinese security official grabbed Kelly, and Kelly shoved the man’s hand off of his body. Then a U.S. Secret Service agent grabbed the Chinese security official and tackled him to the ground."
I'm told that at no point did the Chinese have the nuclear football in their possession or even touch the briefcase. I'm also told the head of the Chinese security detail apologized to the Americans afterwards for the misunderstanding."

https://www.axios.com/scoop-skirmis...774-1e7a513d-4190-459d-ad4f-2c8746fecc6f.html

• "When the U.S. military aide carrying the nuclear football entered the Great Hall, Chinese security officials blocked his entry. (The official who carries the nuclear football is supposed to close to the president at all times, along with a doctor.)
  • A U.S. official hurried into the adjoining room and told Kelly what was happening. Kelly rushed over and told the U.S. officials to keep walking — "We're moving in," he said — and the Americans all started moving.
  • Then there was a commotion. A Chinese security official grabbed Kelly, and Kelly shoved the man’s hand off of his body. Then a U.S. Secret Service agent grabbed the Chinese security official and tackled him to the ground."
I'm told that at no point did the Chinese have the nuclear football in their possession or even touch the briefcase. I'm also told the head of the Chinese security detail apologized to the Americans afterwards for the misunderstanding."

https://www.axios.com/scoop-skirmis...774-1e7a513d-4190-459d-ad4f-2c8746fecc6f.html
Not a misunderstanding, but not terribly important either. The Chinese like to do passive aggressive poop like this when they can get by with it.

If we had a properly functioning State Department, maybe this wouldn't have happened. Normally, prior to an international meeting, wouldn't both sides inform each other of protocol details?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back