advertisement

Any Palmer turntable owners on PFM?

I remember John playing a record featuring the sounds of a steam train the first year you were at Scalford - most bizarre.

Beautiful decks and John was even kind enough to come and set up a Michell deck for me when I asked for some help on the Wam. Wish him all the best.

Stop press.
I will have spare 2.5 drive belts soon. Please pm me for details.
Also, John tells me that the best bearing oil is ISO32 'Slideway oil', used on the slideway (!) on a Lathe. It's designed to operate at the machine speed and pressure/heat that the Palmer bearing also operates at, and has no additives that might build to a crud.
Find it on ebay for example:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=222246804353

The ISO 68 is probably a tad too thick.
Hope this helps.
Regards. J.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
That looks brilliant...I wonder whose it is...there aren't that many out there?
Some lucky so and so will have something special quite soon (says the totally unbiased me) :)

Interesting mix Disarmament. How is it? Pics would be nice.:)

It's excellent! Jon originally set it up with an SME IV which I used for a year or more until I had my Koetsu in a 12" Jelco on a special 12" solid brass armboard I had made by a customer of mine.

I put the terminator on about two years ago and never looked back. The combination is the best vinyl sound I have ever had in my living room.

I did have some speed stabilty issues with the bearing about a six months ago which Jon kindly sorted out for me.

I will put some pics up later when I can get them onto another hosting site. Dropbox 'Public link' does not work any more since March :-(

Martin

Try as I might my link to pictures will not work. I always used dropbox before and copied the public link inside square square brackets with IMG and /IMG, but it don't work with Google pictures :(

I use Flikr and copy/paste the BB code, but I'm sure somewill can help...I'm too new here to have alternatives, sry.

advertisement

Back