advertisement

What's the PM going to announce?

That's a little unfair, Paul. We all want the best for the UK. Unfortunately we all appear to have slightly different views on what that means.
I don't think so. He is uncritical of the EU Commission and its abysmal behaviour, as seen most recently this last week with 'the leak' and Juncker's insistence that EU nationals be pawns in the negotiation. Not to mention the cynical insertion of Irish unification into the negotiation.

We could expand it. I don't think Neil wants the best for any of the EU peoples, he appears fully signed up to the EU project, regardless of its impact on member states. It is curious that he chooses to live outside the EU.

Paul

Other information about if you look. 40 years worth of legislation that can be dropped or changed without parliamentary scrutiny.
This is legislation that passed onto the books without scrutiny and as a legal obligation.

The post-Brexit scenario is a great improvement. Parliament can call a minister to account and do its job.

Paul

Paul, where are you getting this stuff from?

I am not uncritical of the EU. For instance I happen to think that the behaviour of Juncker and his office has been appalling. He should never have been appointed and needs to go ASAP. In fact, the EU needs refreshing with a new generation of people at the top.

But May's reaction to this has been disastrous. she should have risen above it rather than being dragged down to the same level. Or was it a cheap electioneering stunt which is even worse?

If you remember from our posts before the referendum, I am also against Euro and think it should be phased out ASAP as it is damaging many countries economies.

Where I differ from you is that I think the UK should have been working for change on the inside. Who knows, if we had stayed in, perhaps Cameron and Macron could have been a force for change in the EU. We'll never know now.

Instead, due to the incompetence of the May government, we are speeding towards the edge of a cliff called hard brexit and it is going to be an utter disaster for the UK. In fact, I predict the UK will be applying for membership again 10-15 years after our eventual Brexit.

I enjoyed one commentator's description of May's performance today- as "talking loudly and carrying a small stick".

OTT. UK is not a small stick. Its the 2nd biggest stick in the bag. Problem is, she relies on this and not diplomatic skills, skills that she should have in her role.

I cannot see why anyone would sabre rattle like this and piss people off. And do it through the press.

She needs taking out.

OTT. UK is not a small stick. Its the 2nd biggest stick in the bag. Problem is, she relies on this and not diplomatic skills, skills that she should have in her role.

I cannot see why anyone would sabre rattle like this and piss people off. And do it through the press.

She needs taking out.

Excellent point- we were one of the biggest players in the EEC/EU for decades, equal negotiating rights, the ability to steer the agenda through powerful diplomacy. We walk out and now express complete surprise that it's turned out this way. If May welches on her financial obligations to the EU, as some in the Tory Party are advocating, it's going to damage us further down the line.

Excellent point- we were one of the biggest players in the EEC/EU for decades, equal negotiating rates, the ability to steer the agenda through powerful diplomacy. We walk out and now express complete surprise that it's turned out this way. If May welches on her financial obligations to the EU, as some in the Tory Party are advocating, it's going to damage us further down the line.

That is what happens when you tell 27 countries which thought we were all fairly friendly to pi55 off.

Couldn't find the source on Facebook. A singer/artist tagged it, but he has put up a lot of posts about the election in the last couple of days.

Scanned Wiki 's Nazi propaganda page, which is very long, and couldn't find the exact phrase. They used the word strong a lot, but not stable. Perhaps this isn't surprising. My original post has now been deleted..

Jack
http://www.theholocaustexplained.or...n-power/propaganda-and-promises/#.WQusBNIrLIU

You were right Jack

"Germany’s economy was in such a poor state that Hitler’s promise of strong government and stability was widely supported and not least by industrialists"

I was wondering yesterday morning if the urgent Palace announcement was that the Queen was taking back control

Translation of the May/Junker standoff article. Well worth reading.

https://medium.com/@20sthredhead/i-...uncker-dinner-that-everyones-been-ac5f952b92e

Fascinating link.

On British side May was joined by Brexit Minister David Davis. Davis drew the visitors’ attention that evening by repeatedly boasting [three times] about having successfully sued the European Court of Justice over British data retention. Back then he had been a Conservative backbencher, while Theresa May had been Home Secretary at the time and responsible for the law in question. It is possible that Davis thought the several hints would provide a good icebreaker. His boss however seemed rather un-amused by his effort.

Thanks- good to read the original piece translated.

It reads like a cheap airport novel, and its prejuduces are made clear in the first two sentences.

The passages quoted as vertabim lead one to assume that the conversations were recorded on a device, and then handed to the press. The whole thing represents an extraordinary breach of normal good manners, and says as much about Juncker, his puppetmeister Selmayr, and their entourage of unelected tin-pot dictators and jumped-up clerks, as needs to be said.

...t Juncker, his puppetmeister Selmayr, and their entourage of unelected tin-pot dictators and jumped-up clerks, as needs to be said.

What happened to your previous reasonable tone, eternumviti? You sound like an offshoot of the Daily Mail with comments like these.

Stephen

advertisement

Back