advertisement

What's the PM going to announce?

Corbyn would be a useless 'second in command' as that usually involves translating intention into action. IMO the opposite is required: he should set the agenda but have lucid and active Shadow Ministers to present and implement it.

Like Diane Abbott.

Tim, I'm afraid if you are working for the current team, you are doing anything but offering up the truth - but then you know that and are no doubt handsomely rewarded for your creativity.

As m'learned friends above have pointed out, it's my job to work for anyone to whom the electorate grants a mandate. And it is specifically my job to tell the truth to those in power.

Funny that questioning the legitimacy of comparing people to the Nazis can spur such ire.

As m'learned friends above have pointed out, it's my job to work for anyone to whom the electorate grants a mandate. And it is specifically my job to tell the truth to those in power.

Tim, you have my sincere sympathies...

Well on another thread, Tim seemed to be supportive of May, so I guess he is as clueless as the rest of them.

Well on another thread, Tim seemed to be supportive of May, so I guess he is as clueless as the rest of them.

No, he's just able to compartmentalise Tim the civil servant (governed by the civil service code) and Tim the member of the UK Electrorate (not governed by the civil service code). A difficult concept for some to get their heads around, I know.

So what has he been advising her?

'Go in hard and attack the EU before negotiations start?' or perhaps 'tell them we wont be paying you EUR100 billion?'

Forgive me for being flippant, but I am extremely angry at the utter uselessness of the UK government right now.

So what has he been advising her?

I don't think he works in No 10 or the Department for Exiting the European Union. So, not a lot.

Forgive me for being flippant, but I am extremely angry at the utter uselessness of the UK government right now.

Well rather than having a pop at someone on the forum, why don't you do something more positive and more likely to have an effect, like vote for who you think will do the best for the UK on June 8th.

Source please. Perhaps there is one, but worthwhile substantiating - just before you reduce people with whom you disagree, in the context of a functioning western democracy, to the status of genocidal maniacs.

Couldn't find the source on Facebook. A singer/artist tagged it, but he has put up a lot of posts about the election in the last couple of days.

Scanned Wiki 's Nazi propaganda page, which is very long, and couldn't find the exact phrase. They used the word strong a lot, but not stable. Perhaps this isn't surprising. My original post has now been deleted..

Jack

I enjoyed one commentator's description of May's performance today- as "talking loudly and carrying a small stick".

Scanned Wiki 's Nazi propaganda page, which is very long, and couldn't find the exact phrase. They used the word strong a lot, but not stable. Perhaps this isn't surprising. My original post has now been deleted..

Wasn't it 'Strength Through Joy', which is obviously the half way point between Theresa May and Ren & Stimpy?

Wasn't it 'Strength Through Joy', which is obviously the half way point between Theresa May and Ren & Stimpy?

You could well be right, Tony.

I like the pic doing the rounds of May with a can of Special Brew, fag out the side of her mouth, and a bag of chips. It is good to know that some of them fell out of her gob while she was trying to eat them. This is obviously down to the table manners she was taught at Oxford.

Jack

IWell rather than having a pop at someone on the forum, why don't you do something more positive and more likely to have an effect, like vote for who you think will do the best for the UK on June 8th.
Neil doesn't want the best for the UK, so it's moot. He is uncritically accepting of the EU Commission, and nobody votes for them. Which is where we came in last year.

Paul

Neil doesn't want the best for the UK, so it's moot. He is uncritically accepting of the EU Commission, and nobody votes for them. Which is where we came in last year.

Paul

Paul, I'd worry much more about the Great Repeal Bill than the EU...

That's a little unfair, Paul. We all want the best for the UK. Unfortunately we all appear to have slightly different views on what that means.

advertisement

Back