advertisement

System pics 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twenty23_2_small.jpg

Twenty23_3_small.jpg

foobar2000 (PC) -> Chord USB -> TeddyPardo U2S -> Naim DC1 -> Naim DAC -> ARSound Lunar -> Naim SN2 + HCDR -> Naim NAC A5 -> PMC Twenty.23.

Sorry for the crappy quality.

Nice PMC's Patu. What are those black/white panels you've got mounted on the wall directly behind them?

Thanks!

They're Ecophon Master acoustic panels. Widely used in professional installations for public spaces here in Finland. I bought 10-pack of them and mounted two behind each speaker and six of them behind the sweet spot. They make good job eliminating unnecessary echoes.

More information: http://www.ecophon.com/uk/Product-Web/Master/

Some lovely setups on here!

Heres mine (so far)

Audiolab M-Dac
Sony S790 Blu-Ray
Arcam AVR360
B&W CM7s
MacBook Pro (music)
Wireworld Ultraviolet USB
QED Signature HDMI and Phono connects
Van Damme Black Series speaker cable (biamp)

Is that last night's Top Gear? I've not seen it yet, but as I don't recognise that scene, I assume it must be last night's episode. Oh, nice setup btw :)

No change in the main rig, still as it was last year aside from the Tannoys now have grilles to keep the dust of and protect them from the non-existant sun, plus I've rearranged things on the table (Apollo now by 301, Dac & 34/306 beneath). System #2 (TV/office/studio) is a bit different though:

11732716493_e5879f505d_o.jpg

Music kit mostly not pictured (Shergold bass, Moog Voyager, MiniBrute, Logic Pro X etc), MacBook Pro, Focusrite ADC/DAC, TV, Sony SACD player, Audio Synthesis PAS-02, Quad 303, Klipsch La Scala, 2 x BK XXLS400-DF subs. Still a work in progress as I intend to fiddle with the La Scalas crossovers etc a bit, but certainly promising.

Sorry to go off topic Tony, but I'd love to know how you're getting on with the Mini Brute. Do you like it? I do not have one but have been very tempted. The sound you can get from one little box is amazing.

Sorry to go off topic Tony, but I'd love to know how you're getting on with the Mini Brute. Do you like it? I do not have one but have been very tempted. The sound you can get from one little box is amazing.

It's superb, a real future classic IMO. Remarkably versatile for a single VCO mono-synth. It's main strength is that it's not trying to be an SH-101, MS10, Arp Axxe or whatever. It's a whole new take on the single VCO mono synth and has a unique sounding oscillator bank, a unusual and very characterful Steiner-Parker multi-mode filter, and tons of modulation options. In many ways the latter is it's real strength - it's got a proper multi-waveform LFO, and then entirely independent rate controls for the ultrasaw on the VCO, the vibrato rate and the arpeggiator, i.e. in real terms that's four LFOs, so no having to make a decision between say pulse-width mod, vibrato and arpeggiator / sequence rate, you can have all three independently! That places it well above the classic vintage synths I mentioned earlier, all of which are limited by a single LFO. Even the Moog Voyager only has one LFO, though you can drop OSC 3 down and use that as another. The comparison with the Voyager is really interesting as they both do things the other can't at all, as is always the way with synths. I'd say you can't go wrong with the MiniBrute, it's a great synth. The new MicroBrute looks fun too with a little patch bay.

It's superb, a real future classic IMO. Remarkably versatile for a single VCO mono-synth. It's main strength is that it's not trying to be an SH-101, MS10, Arp Axxe or whatever. It's a whole new take on the single VCO mono synth and has a unique sounding oscillator bank, a unusual and very characterful Steiner-Parker multi-mode filter, and tons of modulation options. In many ways the latter is it's real strength - it's got a proper multi-waveform LFO, and then entirely independent rate controls for the ultrasaw on the VCO, the vibrato rate and the arpeggiator, i.e. in real terms that's four LFOs, so no having to make a decision between say pulse-width mod, vibrato and arpeggiator / sequence rate, you can have all three independently! That places it well above the classic vintage synths I mentioned earlier, all of which are limited by a single LFO. Even the Moog Voyager only has one LFO, though you can drop OSC 3 down and use that as another. The comparison with the Voyager is really interesting as they both do things the other can't at all, as is always the way with synths. I'd say you can't go wrong with the MiniBrute, it's a great synth. The new MicroBrute looks fun too with a little patch bay.

Thank you Tony. And yes, the MicroBrute looks like a little stunner as well! That even has a step sequencer built in. I might save my money for the new Moog Sub 37 that is due in a couple of months. I've not got a Moog yet, I think this one might be for me.

Still tempted by one of the Brutes though.

Crikey there's some nice stuff in here!

No system pics handy but here's one of my TT with newly installed tonearm enjoying Brubeck's "Gone with the Wind" (can't stop playing that album!)

lp12%20Pics9th%20Feb%202014%20037-1-XL.jpg

Nice systems one and all. Love the Roksan Nima Jim, always thought I would like to try that arm someday, especially as there aren't a ton of Aro's knocking around-or at least at a price I want to pay. The Nima arm-hole is setup same as a Rega correct? Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back