advertisement

Macros

Bub,

You don't have to know the person. Just ask her politely if she minds posing while you try out your f-stops and shutter speeds.

Joe

P.S. I Vuked your picture, too.

2iafnfb.jpg

Vuk's attempt was good, but he cropped the wrong side. He also missed the mental pete tried-and-true technique of chopping off a bit of the head.

Joe

joe.

you removed the most interesting secondary element in the picture---the glowy, round bokeh thingy in the top right.

you also haven't replied to me in the tannoy thread.

vuk.

Vuk,

The picture didn't need the top right glowy, round bokeh thingy. Besides, mine has a rectangular bokeh thingy.

bub_junior.jpg

2iafnfb.jpg

Joe

P.S. Check out the audio room in a second.

Joe wins the crop race by a country mile. That glow is the brightest thing in the picture, so your eyes are drawn to it instead of the subject.

Vuk,

The picture didn't need the top right glowy, round bokeh thingy. Besides, mine has a rectangular bokeh thingy.

bub_junior.jpg

2iafnfb.jpg

Joe

P.S. Check out the audio room in a second.

I like yours Joe, I find the light distracting and the Mental Pete head chopping has become infectious.

good going with those close ups Sam. Were the creatures difficult to train up ? And how did you light them so nicely ? My best Macro lens is still only really capable of 1:1 reproduction so you must have something special for to get a bigger ratio - do you use extension tubes ?

Those were shot with a Canon 100mm macro lens (the old one), full set of extension tubes so anywhere down to around 2:1

Lighting is an off camera 430ex2 with a softbox, all on a flash grip.

Sam

advertisement

Back