advertisement

Isolation feet and speaker stands

Yes when i had martin logans on big wobby stella townshends my friends pulled my leg mercilessly !!! The aperta are not quite as wobbly but much cheaper than townshend

had a good old read about these lovely stack audio isolation devices . as far as i can see you put them directly under your equipment , metal top to metal top . the one thing i like about iso pucks is they have rubber tops and dont scratch and grip the item easily

I just took off some iso pucks off some speakers with veneer , they have been under these fairly heavy standmounts for 5 years . they came off easily with no damage at all

had a good old read about these lovely stack audio isolation devices . as far as i can see you put them directly under your equipment , metal top to metal top . the one thing i like about iso pucks is they have rubber tops and dont scratch and grip the item easily

I just took off some iso pucks off some speakers with veneer , they have been under these fairly heavy standmounts for 5 years . they came off easily with no damage at all
I have the AUVA EQ’s myself below my amp and CD player also. They also come with pads that you can place between the equipment component and the AUVA EQ’s if you don’t like the metal surface to metal surface concept..

I’ve just bought two first generation Townsend speaker “ podiums “ , which I’m using my shahinians with great sound improvement. I bought them together as a package with little info.
When I bought them one of them had extensions to each leg of the base ( which I’ve removed ) , the other is standard. I’ve only seen one other photo of the stands on the internet , with very little information about them.
Does anyone know what they were designed for , what their weight capacity might be and why they would have the extensions ?
I’m very happy with them , just curious !!
photos here (I hope !)

I’ve just bought two first generation Townsend speaker “ podiums “ , which I’m using my shahinians with great sound improvement. I bought them together as a package with little info.
When I bought them one of them had extensions to each leg of the base ( which I’ve removed ) , the other is standard. I’ve only seen one other photo of the stands on the internet , with very little information about them.
Does anyone know what they were designed for , what their weight capacity might be and why they would have the extensions ?
I’m very happy with them , just curious !!
photos here (I hope !)
Saw them on Ebay
Never seen that adjustable bit before. One off perhaps ?

Yes they are most likely custom built but the bolts “stand proud” of the top which would cause problems if you tried to put a flat platform on top of the adjustable legs

advertisement

Back