advertisement

Zyx R50(H) Bloom

Pac1

Designer/Manufacturer
I have another of these fabulous MC cartridges due in within the next two weeks priced at £515.

For those not already familiar with Zyx, they are amongst Japan's premier high quality MC cartridge manufacturers, long respected as producing arguably the best sounding MC cartridge in the world, the reference standard Zyx Cosmos and Zyx Airy.

What sets Zyx apart from the rest of the field is that most of their cartridges manage to sound more natural and full bodied than many so called high-end MC cartridges, many of which can sound lean or over analytical with lifts to the HF response. The Zyx range manage to avoid being over analytical and the Z50 Bloom sounds more like an exceptional MM design, with its rich, full bodied yet very detailed character, more so than most MMs can manage. It is exceptionally involving as it doesn't sound bright or analytical, just supremely natural and musical. Compared with the competition at this price, well, there isn't any that I have come across. I have tried all sorts of MC carts at the £500 to £1000 mark and this one blows them all into the weeds.

I wont stock anything that I'm not happy to use myself (those of you who know my system, know that half of it is "RFC" influenced or made) and I currently and gladly use an R50(H) Bloom. After hearing Zyx cartridges for myself, I was happy to invest and buy into Zyx as a dealer for this superb range of cartridges because there's no other MC that I believe gives anywhere near the value or performance that these do. To reserve an R50 or to arrange an audition, please PM me and I will be glad to be of assistance

r50.jpg

Killer MC from Zyx for sensible money. If you haven't yet heard one, I'd be happy to provide and audition.

advertisement

Back