advertisement

[FS] ZU Denon DL-103R mk11 MC Cartridge

effinity

pfm Member
Ok, what I have here is ZU/DL-103R Mk11 Grade -1

Tested & Measured by Sean Casey on 26/09/2021

At the time I was looking at backup for my Grade -2 Prime, currently still in use on my tonearm, and costing a lot more. Could not find one anywhere and Zu had none in stock so was tipped off about a seller in EU who had the one described above BNIB (the Grade -1 one) so I grabbed that.

As it’s turned out my t/t useage has decreased a lot over last couple of years so my -2 Prime is still perfectly fine for my needs with loads of hours left on it.

On Zu website the grade -1 is priced at $1,159 (£915 approx) and I assume shipping and customs duty/tax etc would add at least 25% to that landed in UK?

There’s the age of course 2.5yrs but still brand new never been removed from packaging so I’m thinking I would like £795 to include RMSD insured in UK.

Fully boxed with all paperwork.
Cheers
Steve

Ps Zu keep very low stock on these considering the whole world buys from them.
They have 4 grade -1 left in stock and no stock of -2 Prime even if I wanted one at $1,749 + import tax, shipping etc!

Withdrawn from sale and my sincere apologies, I’ve overestimated the new $ value of this Grade -1 cartridge.
From when I looked at the Zu website last week their prices seem to have reduced when I checked today!
On top of all that, having opened the packaging to photograph the cart in it’s box for an interested buyer I now can’t be sure the cartridge has not been used or at least tested due to some marks I’ve noticed at the base of the cantilever where it fits into the cartridge body. This may be due to the mods carried out by Zu but not sure, the cantilever itself is straight with a perfect clean stylus.
I hope this doesn’t sound like the blathering of an idiot, it’s nearly three years since I purchased it and don’t remember examining it as closely as I have now which has made me doubt myself.
I’ll keep it for now.
Embarrassed, Steve.

Another backtrack! I’m obviously losing it a bit!

My cartridge is the R model so my earlier price interpretations are correct. I’ve just become aware I was looking at the non R prices on ZU www earlier without realising it so if I may retract my comments, although my update on the condition stands.

https://www.zuaudio.com/turntable/p/zudl-103r-mkii

This is the Grade -1 version so adjust on the dropdown.

advertisement

Back