advertisement

[FS] Zinex (Zixen) Flightmaster automatic chronograph

montesquieu

pfm Member
For sale: Zinex’s first chronograph, the Flightmaster. A 47mm Chronograph with a 7750 automatic movement which has 25 jewels with shock absorber, Glucydur balance, blue screws and a power reserve of 48 hours. Metal alloy movement housing, anti-magnetic resistant. Signed rotor. Water resistant (and tested) to 30m/100 ft. Sapphire crystal, screw down case back and 22mm lugs. A lug to lug length of around 52mm.

Zinex - a German company - later rebranded as Zixen. This is No 12 of 100 pieces. Comes with the original Zinex black leather strap (signed rather nicely!) and signed Zinex buckle. A large watch but wears smaller than you’d think for the measured size (see photos) as the lug width is not excessive.

It's freshly serviced at the cost of £277 - movement cleaned, oiled and regulated. (This is a watch from small batch of new/old stock watches discovered a year or so back, but a couple of these have developed faults from being dry of oil from lack of use or servicing in the last 15 years - no such worries with this example).

I previously sold the watch, several months ago, to a Zinex fan in Germany, but it got lost in the German postal system. It eventually made its way back to me, long after I had to refund.I'm currently fund-raising for other projects, so offering again for sale at £385 including RMSD.

bLpnuSw.jpg

OBcIZiV.jpg

AoLWtar.jpg

uLjVtEq.jpg

Rqj4qHm.jpg

QTpK0An.jpg

3WQYc4W.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice, it’s an interesting piece. Sadly on my wrist it would look like I was wearing a clock!!

I have lots of quality cables if some sort of PX deal was possible. Chord Anthem 1 and 2 XLR boxed hardly used, various RCA leads, Russ Andrew’s 8TC, 4 TC and jumper leads, Russ Andres mains cables. Chord Co digital coax, I do have a couple of AES digital interconnects but not high end ones, decent quality though.

Apologies, my alerts aren't working since the site changes I'll be in contact directly.

BTW it's big but not outrageously so, it's more the lug to lug that determines how a watch wears rather than its diameter and this is only about 51mm.

xCs7eap.jpg

Afraid not (bear in mind the watch is from the mid-2000s at which point it was a lot more expensive). The strap and buckle are nicely signed though. I do have the paperwork from the service.

advertisement

Back