advertisement

Ziggy Stardust's 40th

Mine is now on route and cheaper than I thought it would be, result!

The Amazon pre order price for the vinyl/DVD set was a bit over £17 and they have charged about £11.

It now seems to be at £20 on the Amazon site, dymaiK pricing and all that.

I look forward to hearing this version, I am hopeful it will turn out a goodie.

Anyone heard it yet?

Anyone heard it yet?

I had a quick listen to the stream that was on the Bowie Facebook site for a while and I suspect it's very good and certainly likely to be the best digital copy. Seems to have more weight and solidity to the Japanese RCA CD, which was considered to be the previous best digital. Whether it will compete with UK orange label RCA vinyl is a whole other question though, but it certainly looks promising. It was mastered by Ken Scott, who certainly knows what he's doing.

PS Ken Scott has a book due out, Abbey Road To Ziggy Stardust, I've got it on preorder.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Mine is now on route and cheaper than I thought it would be, result!

The Amazon pre order price for the vinyl/DVD set was a bit over £17 and they have charged about £11.

It now seems to be at £20 on the Amazon site, dymaiK pricing and all that.

I look forward to hearing this version, I am hopeful it will turn out a goodie.

Anyone heard it yet?

Mine's en route too. Pleasantly surprised by the big discount on the £17 price. Reward/stimulation for more pre-orders?? Worried either of the DVD or vinyl may be left out at this price!!

I picked up a copy of this in HMV a couple of days ago and am now listening to a rip of the 96/24 tracks from the DVD. It sounds pretty good and does not appear to be compressed. If anything it's a little quieter than I would have expected.

I see Ken Scott is contributing to the thread on the SH forum. I am very tempted...

My firm have an office in Berkeley Square; I regularly divert from Oxford Circus tube to walk down Heddon Street. The K West sign is long gone, but the brickwork is recognisable, and the phone kiosk is still there.

Now I have a Gucci phone, I'll upload a photo next time I'm in That London.

The record was rehearsed in a basement studio that is under a chemist on blackheath hill on the right as you go towards deptford on the corner of greenwich south street. The chemist is now called Gee-pharm.

I love rock landmarks
One of my favorite pastimes when I first came to London was finding Rock'n'Roll landmarks and London is the BEST city in the world for this. I hope many of the Olympics visitors to do the same. It deserves a thread of it's own..???

Mine arrived this morning. It's certainly better than some remasters I've heard but still fairly bright in places.

Simon

I'm rather liking the gatefold sleeve - not had a chance to listen to it yet.

As an aside - how daft are amazon? It was posted in a massive box, which must have cost them half the cost of the album to post.

my copy is sitting on my LP12 dust cover................

mabye tomorrow :)....................today ?

have ripped the DVD to my Logitech music library inc the extra bonus traks

i echo guey's astonishment about the sheer waste of packaging material by Amazon UK,

They must have money to burn!.

i'd like a 180g vinyl version of "TMWSTW" too..............one of his underated and best early albums.

happy listening folks!

Been listening to both the 24/96 stereo mix and the 5.1 mix.
Pretty good. Pleasantly surprised the by the quality of the 5.1 surround mix.

anyone want to buy one - offers unopened , serves me right on amazon again when i came home from the pub , pissed & ordered 2 copies

advertisement

Back