advertisement

[FS] Zeus PSU / Motor Controller for Linn LP12 (DIY Audio version) - withdrawn

RichardH

Bodging pleb
I am feeling the urge to tinker, and so am thinking of getting myself the "proper" Zeus LP12 PSU. The DIY one I have (from the DIYAudio group buy Steve Cobham set up a couple of years back) is fully built by Steve, and includes the Lingo Style switch.

To be clear, this is NOT exactly the same as the Zeus - to quote Steve directly "The DIY board is not a Zeus. The Zeus is the same concept as the DIY version but has quite a different circuitry to comply with CE standards for safety and EMI standards. The software also has extra features."

Fully working. £120 plus shipping?

EDIT: I am withdrawing this from sale for the moment.

Last edited:
Hi Richard
)
I would be interested in your solution. I would like the exact description, two pictures and the parameters. And a wiring diagram..
Can it be used for 120V-220V 15W motor?
How to buy it if it fits. Transport?
Andrew

Hi Richard
)
I would be interested in your solution. I would like the exact description, two pictures and the parameters. And a wiring diagram..
Can it be used for 120V-220V 15W motor?
How to buy it if it fits. Transport?
Andrew
Sorry, didn't get a notification of your reply I'm afraid! Only just seen this.

It is currently fitted to my turntable, so I can't easily send photos, but this thread on DIY Audio tells you all about the project. I did not build or design this, I merely fitted it to my LP12. Mine is one fully built and tested by the creator, and is working just fine.

I also have a self built Avondale TAPS LP12 PSU up for grabs if that is of interest, too....

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't get a notification of your reply I'm afraid! Only just seen this.

It is currently fitted to my turntable, so I can't easily send photos, but this thread on DIY Audio tells you all about the project. I did not build or design this, I merely fitted it to my LP12. Mine is one fully built and tested by the creator, and is working just fine.

I also have a self built Avondale TAPS LP12 PSU up for grabs if that is of interest, too....
Does this help?

2023-03-07_08-52-00 by Garf Arf, on Flickr

Hello richardh
I'm interested certainly.
There seems to be a couple of versions of the board, and an update to add caps to filter out noise. Which version are you selling? I looked on the DIY forum, couldn't figure it out, your first post seemed to say it was installed but I couldn't see your id on the group buy list.

Secondly does it come with a serial/usb cable, and if so which type is it? I don't have a pc, just an android phone and there's apps for serial/usb. Usb in this case is usb-c.

Anyone here successfully hooked up android phone to the port on the board?

Regards,Tim.

Tell me about your TAPS too please richardh. I'm interested in that too, tho less than your Zeus assuming TAPS is single speed.
Thanks, Tim

Hi Tim, I am withdrawing the Zeus from sale for now - am going to stick with it rather than upgrading.

The TAPS is indeed single speed - it is a similar beast to the Naim Armageddon PSU, though it has two transformers rather than one.

The TAPS is indeed single speed - it is a similar beast to the Naim Armageddon PSU, though it has two transformers rather than one.
The TAPS is a decent supply very similar in sound to the Armageddon. Better than the Lingo1 in my opinion but not a patch on the Zeus.

The TAPS is a decent supply very similar in sound to the Armageddon. Better than the Lingo1 in my opinion but not a patch on the Zeus.
I had a TAPS for years and it was a fine motor PSU, did wonders for my LP12. I replaced it with the DIYAudio version of the Zeus (the one Richard has for sale here), beats the TAPS.

advertisement

Back
Top Bottom