advertisement

ZAP250 - Integrated!

Arrived today :)

Many many thanks. Plenty of space available in this case :D I'm thinking about using the Cambridge chassis and its control gubbins for a remote controlled Starfish and use the new case for a proper ZAP250. It has enough space for a transformer upgrade and seperate front end supplies at a later date if I wish.

Let me know what I owe you for this (your PM box is full).

Cheers :)

Mike.

I am only to pleased that it will be put to some use and the postage was not overly expensive so please accept it as a gift.
There is the original 3mm front panel knocking around somewere, may be it would become a new rear panel, have a check to see if the front fits on the back.
And yes the box is always full which is why I hate pm grrrr :(

Tony

The front panel looks OK if I can get all the tape and glue residue off :D Otherwise I'll re-spray it in a nice gloss black.

When you sorted your PM box send me your address and I'll send you a goody bag selection from my stash of bits :)

The front panel looks OK if I can get all the tape and glue residue off :D Otherwise I'll re-spray it in a nice gloss black.

When you sorted your PM box send me your address and I'll send you a goody bag selection from my stash of bits :)

If I asked for postage then I would have felt obliged to take all that three year old masking tape off :p
See there is method in my madness ;)
A hot hair drier is sometimes handy

Hi Alan.

I had some changes in life mate. No longer have the workshop space as I'm renting a room now. Haven't done any bodging since.

Last night I was thinking about the amp and had a look at some of the photos. If I can find a suitable space I want to get this finished up. Looking back I really liked the sound with the SKpre's running on TeddyRegs. Treble and mids were sublime. I want to go that way again but use the R/C to drop and load of voltage so the TR's aren't working too hard. On the bass issue might go for Tants on the SKpre's this time. Another thing I can try is positioning the volume pot between amp and pres instead of in front of pres.

Is the B4 the preamp of choice these days then? I see there's a bit of a HackerNap craze too! Well done Hacker mate :)

I'm starting to get the bug again!

Hi Alan.

I had some changes in life mate. No longer have the workshop space as I'm renting a room now. Haven't done any bodging since.

Last night I was thinking about the amp and had a look at some of the photos. If I can find a suitable space I want to get this finished up. Looking back I really liked the sound with the SKpre's running on TeddyRegs. Treble and mids were sublime. I want to go that way again but use the R/C to drop and load of voltage so the TR's aren't working too hard. On the bass issue might go for Tants on the SKpre's this time. Another thing I can try is positioning the volume pot between amp and pres instead of in front of pres.

Is the B4 the preamp of choice these days then? I see there's a bit of a HackerNap craze too! Well done Hacker mate :)

I'm starting to get the bug again!

Well, welcome back Mike and I hope you find the time to fire up the old intergrated, it was a neat idea and certainly worth finishing;)

Alan

How do Buddy, nice to see you back.:)
That thread title ZAP250 - Integrated! rung a bell for sure.

I have been lying low for a year or so also but the bug bit again and I have just built the little B4.
You can build a B4 on a dinner tray if your short on space :D

Fraid we have lost Rich along the way.

Tony

Hi Tony mate! Still the same sig I see!

Just got in from a Pool session. Its something I took up again after the break up (used to do it before I got with her). Really enjoying it actually. I play for my county now :)

advertisement

Back