advertisement

Your YouTube Adventures

I don’t watch much of the Rick Beato stuff but I found this quite fascinating. This could be an example one of the best prepared interviewers I’ve seen!

Some really good camera work/editing on this one, a job well done on the ground breaking too.
I think its gonna need quite a bit of work to hold water though

There is a sub-genre on YouTube which is basically the modern equivalent of mix-tapes. Low sub accounts making compilations of music they love and distributed by links in things like niche subreddits or twitter accounts. So here's one I found the other day featuring 90mins of math rock and mid-west /japanese guitar noodling with unusual time signatures and off-kilter drumming.

Which most of you will hate but people who like this sort thing will love and might find some new bands to dig into. Full track listing in the video.

What a dump!

These two short videos (pictures with music only) show the Cranhill and Queenslie areas of Glasgow from years gone by. In the first video, you can see hints of hope as new areas were built but it wasn't long before they were knocking the place down as it was a pure dump. The second video, about adjacent Queenslie, captures a time that resonates with me for sure as it must be the late '70s or early '80s. Like Cranhill, Queenslie was a dump.

Fwiw, I grew up in the Provanhall area of Easterhouse about a mile away from Queenslie and that place was a dump as well so I know what I'm talking about. Still, these videos make interesting viewing all the same.

i couldn’t help but get the feeling of pushy parent syndrome.

What is it with these increasingly young bass virtuosi? It started a few years ago with Victor Wooten impersonators, and now it's out of control.

Perhaps the Sadowsky or the Stingray are to this generation what the wonky cello was to mine.

advertisement

Back