advertisement

Your Favourite Album Of All Time

Great album, maybe my favourite PJ though sometimes it may be Vs. I probably have all their stuff, they come a joint first with Alice for my favourite 'grunge' bands.
I've seen them a few times, last time was in Milton Keynes 2014, took the kids, all three of them in their mid-late teens, everyone had a great time, great day and great performance, Mike McCready really is something else, I don't remember the ticket price however I don't think it would've been anything like £180, I'm not sure I could warrant that for a single ticket.
New Pearl Jam album is really strong. Still a great band!

Lots of great albums mentioned already but I honestly couldn't pick my favourite Bowie album (my favourite of my favourites) nevermind an all time favourite.
If pressed I say Aladdin Sane. I know it’s not universally regarded as his best and I freely admit there are better songs on Hunky & Ziggy, but for whatever reason it’s my fave.

Likewise Kate Bush- Never For Ever. It was the first Bush album I really got into. When I was around 19/20 I went camping in the Scottish Highlands with a cassette of NFE. My affection for it is inextricably bound up with the memories of that trip.

Nina Nastasia's "Dogs" is my favourite album, ever since first hearing it in 2001. Never in doubt.

(Even though I think Double Nickels On The Dime, & Trout Mask Replica -both share my top spot- are both greater musical achievements).

Capt

With you on EKTIN. Difficult record though from a recording point of view, a bit bright. The best copy I could find was a US first press.
Nice to see Elvis on the cover too.
Fair enough. In that case I give you ‘Raw Power’

If pressed I say Aladdin Sane. I know it’s not universally regarded as his best and I freely admit there are better songs on Hunky & Ziggy, but for whatever reason it’s my fave.
Yes, three great albums, for me it could be any or all of them released between 69-81 with the omission of 'Pin-ups' and any or all the albums released between 95-16, his most commercially successful period of the early 80's to early 90's I'd be less keen on, that's not to say there isn't some good songs from this era.
One day it could be 'Outside', the next it could be 'Ziggy', the following could be 'Heathen', after that it could be 'Low' and so on.

At this moment in time:

Rock: Patti Smith - Horses
Jazz - Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Classical - Gould's first recording of the Goldberg Variations

Clearly time could have stopped in 1975 and I'd have been quite happy - although from the posts above that applies to many of us!

Last edited:
Top for me is Abbey Road I ain't no Beatles fan but it's an amazing album even the second side I love.
Bowie came right after with three mega records which I personally think were influenced by AR.
2) Hunky Dory
3) Ziggy
4) Aladin Sane
Then anything from Talking heads or the Wailers.
KOB obviously.

I see no one's mentioned the Velvet UG: Waiting for the Man-Queen Bitch.

If I have to pick just one I would go with this..
Mi03OTUwLmpwZWc.jpeg

I see no one's mentioned the Velvet UG: Waiting for the Man-Queen Bitch.
Yes, it's a brilliant album. Sunday Morning for me, just because it's so different from the rest of it and it has that strange dystopian feel, with Nico's cracked voice singing out what should be nice cosy "la-la-laaa" melodies that still manage to be really uncomfortable to listen to.

It was "Steve McQueen/Two Wheels Good" by Prefab Sprout for years, but for the last (almost) two decades my favorite album has been "And All the Colors..." by Ian Moore.

Some great albums already listed. At this moment in time I would probably have to say these two

Son Volt:- Trace
Little Feat:- Little Feat (or Tiny Feet as my partners Grandson calls them)

certainly have been on constant rotation for a number of years now

but even then, probably Bruce Springsteen:- Born to Run would actually win out. Thunder Road, Backstreets, Jungleland.......

advertisement

Back