advertisement

Your Favourite Album Of All Time

Hard to say but I know I’ve played Coles Corner more than any other album in the last 20 years. The Doors and LA Woman could well be ahead on lifetime listens.

If I had to pick one it would be Coles Corner for sentiment.

Cheers BB
I'm a bit of a lapsed Hawley fan but will buy the latest record when it comes out on vinyl as I really like the title

Yep there’s no way I can choose 1 album; I have, off the top of my head, 50 or so albums that I listen to regularly. Some have already been mentioned … Springsteen’s The Wild, Innocent…., Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours, but what about Dylan’s Blood on the Tracks? And John Hiatt’s Bring the Family. Not to mention Tigerlily by Natalie Merchant. Oh gawd….:)

I'm a bit of a lapsed Hawley fan but will buy the latest record when it comes out on vinyl as I really like the title
Inevitably after so many albums they become very similar, although first release off the new one is a bit different. I’ll certainly be buying the new one and he’s the only artist I go to see on every tour. Got tickets for the Hammersmith Apollo. Mrs BB is a big fan too, which helps.

Cheers BB

Kind Of Blue
Joni Mitchell Blue
Ghost of Tom Joad
Darkness on the Edge
Bringing it all back home
Screamdelica
Edit - Led Zep 1, even if only for THAT opening riff. The needle goes down, thump, crackle, then WHAM! Hold on tight, you are in for some rock and roll.

Inevitably after so many albums they become very similar, although first release off the new one is a bit different. I’ll certainly be buying the new one and he’s the only artist I go to see on every tour. Got tickets for the Hammersmith Apollo. Mrs BB is a big fan too, which helps.

Cheers BB
His backing band have a side hustle as a Django Reinhardt tribute act, the guitarist Shez Sheridan is an incredible musician. They play in pubs, have a residency at the Dorothy Pax in Sheffield.

Kind Of Blue
Joni Mitchell Blue
Ghost of Tom Joad
Darkness on the Edge
Bringing it all back home
Screamdelica
Edit - Led Zep 1, even if only for THAT opening riff. The needle goes down, thump, crackle, then WHAM! Hold on tight, you are in for some rock and roll.
Fully explained, thankyou👍

Something by
Joni
Prince
Miles
Steely Dan
Bill Frisell
Keith Jarrett
Ahmad Jamal
Robag Whrume

if pushed, either Who’s Next (the second album I ever bought), but probably Hejira by Joni.

Something by
Joni
Prince
Miles
Steely Dan
Bill Frisell
Keith Jarrett
Ahmad Jamal
Robag Whrume

if pushed, either Who’s Next (the second album I ever bought), but probably Hejira by Joni.
Hejira is well up the list for me too, definitely my most most played Joni album by some margin.

Cheers BB

Probably ‘Time Out Of Mind’ when I think about it. The reason I say that is regardless of mood, even when I’ve gone off music I can always listen to it and Highlands always makes me smile.

“Then she says, “You don’t read women authors, do you?”
Least that’s what I think I hear her say
“Well,” I say, “how would you know and what would it matter anyway?”

“Well,” she says, “you just don’t seem like you do!”
I said, “You’re way wrong”
She says, “Which ones have you read then?” I say, “I read Erica Jong!”

Rock album? Right now, a toss up between ‘Everybody Knows This is Nowhere’ and The Feelies ‘The Good Earth’.

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation. Fell in love with it when I was 15 and it still sounds incredible. The epitome of 1980s downtown NY noise rock cool. The perfect blend of songwriting and distortion and feedback. If I listen to it now it transports me there - CBGB's, Basquiat, Desperately Seeking Susan, boomboxes playing hip-hop and hot summer days in Battery Park. It would take me another fifteen years to actually get to NY and this was my soundtrack to the city as I imagined it.

For me it’s …. Pearl Jam ten. I bought it when it first came out and have never ever tired of it! I’m currently debating with myself whether to go and see them in Manchester but bony know if I can bring myself to pay the £180 for a ticket!😱
Great album, maybe my favourite PJ though sometimes it may be Vs. I probably have all their stuff, they come a joint first with Alice for my favourite 'grunge' bands.
I've seen them a few times, last time was in Milton Keynes 2014, took the kids, all three of them in their mid-late teens, everyone had a great time, great day and great performance, Mike McCready really is something else, I don't remember the ticket price however I don't think it would've been anything like £180, I'm not sure I could warrant that for a single ticket.

Rock album? Right now, a toss up between ‘Everybody Knows This is Nowhere’ and The Feelies ‘The Good Earth’.
With you on EKTIN. Difficult record though from a recording point of view, a bit bright. The best copy I could find was a US first press.
Nice to see Elvis on the cover too.

advertisement

Back