advertisement

Your favorite component supplier

Sid and Coke

and so the rebuild continues..
I'm doing a little upgarde project at the moment that requires 2 x AD743JN Op Amps these retail at £13+ each ! which seems a lot for such piddly little things, any idea of where i can get them cheaper or do reckon that sometimes you just gotta pay for the best... (Hmm maybe i just answered my own question..)

Having to get all of my bits from 3 different suppliers ( ie 3 shipping charges) is a bit of a bind too.......

I googled it, and came up with this quote:
I have settled on the AD743JN because of its excellent performance and its price and availability ($5.53 from Newark). The Burr-Brown parts are top performers but are very hard to get and are expensive. An excellent alternate to the AD743JN would be the LT1055CN8 at $3.04 from Digi-Key.
I did a search in e-sonic, jameco and mouser, and only mouser came up with something useful. Apparently it's cross referenced with a couple of other parts, althogh I don't know whether these are really the same thing. Go to www.mouser.com, and search for your part. You'll find the two references.

-=> Mike Hanson <=-

Mike,
Thanks for the link , I'd not even considered X-Ref to other P/N's for comparison, will do a bit more detective work, although this P/N is specifically recommended and so i'll probably go with them, I'm just being tight really.

Can i presume that the AD number is an Analogue Devices P/N and that another manufacturer will make the same device but use their own P/N , or does the AD number just become a generic P/N for that particular device

Mus,
Thanks, I was already intending to buy one of my other components from Dial, If their published prices include VAT i'll probably get the AD743JN from there too.

Thanks again.

advertisement

Back