advertisement

Your chance to lobby for the FFF measurement system

THERE IS ALREADY A CHOICE! HOW MANY TIMES?

Sorry for shouting but FFS, the law is clear. I have a 4 pints container of milk in my fridge right now. I have a 454g jar of honey that can be labelled as 454g (1lb) today without any change in the law. This is an utter waste of parliamentary time by the most incompetent government of my lifetime.

Not a waste of time for JRM, etc. It is a 'flag wave' for the loonies and dim bulbs who might still vote Tory given some 'red meat' that conveys that "we're better than all these nasty foreigners!" Distraction exercise from BloJo's failings.

Not a waste of time for JRM, etc. It is a 'flag wave' for the loonies and dim bulbs who might still vote Tory given some 'red meat' that conveys that "we're better than all these nasty foreigners!" Distraction exercise from BloJo's failings.
Sadly this is exactly what it is. It's very clearly an extension of the "straight bananas" lie.

On a serious note, I've noticed some liquids now being sold by weight rather than volume.
:oops:
Really? I think this is illegal according to the W&M legislation. I'd have to look at Packers' Guide for a while to know, ploughing through the whole regs would be a chore.

On a serious note, I've noticed some liquids now being sold by weight rather than volume.
:oops:
Some of that might be down to cooking. I have to say when I bake I prefer everything to be by weight. Nothing worse than finding recipes with 'cups' and 'oz's' particularly if they are not specified because of course there are 'imperial' and 'US' ozs in addition to fluid and weight. Give my everything in grams please!

Some of that might be down to cooking. I have to say when I bake I prefer everything to be by weight. Nothing worse than finding recipes with 'cups' and 'oz's' particularly if they are not specified because of course there are 'imperial' and 'US' ozs in addition to fluid and weight. Give my everything in grams please!
I'm happy to measure liquids in a jug when cooking. Apart from anything else it fixes any density related confusion. I agree though that US cups are a chore if you aren't used to them and lack the required scoops.

I'm happy to measure liquids in a jug when cooking. Apart from anything else it fixes any density related confusion. I agree though that US cups are a chore if you aren't used to them and lack the required scoops.
I hate opening a recipe online and finding the dry ingredients are measured in US cups. Ive no idea what a cup is by volume and don’t want to so have to shut and go to the BBC recipe site instead.

Really? I think this is illegal according to the W&M legislation. I'd have to look at Packers' Guide for a while to know, ploughing through the whole regs would be a chore.
A recent example is a bottle of Jenolite Rust Converter sold in a 500g trigger spray container.

Obviously JRM never does any shopping (or anything much at all really...)

52157368781_b2586a87d3_z.jpg

I hate opening a recipe online and finding the dry ingredients are measured in US cups. Ive no idea what a cup is by volume and don’t want to so have to shut and go to the BBC recipe site instead.

Print this out, it might help:

bra-cup-conversion-chart.jpg

First things first, I think we should deal with the £-s-d issue before anything else, our crown and florin were the envy of the world and skilfull use of the Guinea was a sure way to get a few extra bob on any sale.

advertisement

Back