advertisement

Your best purchases during 2016?

My 300B SET power amp I think?
Got the 300Bs later in the year, they are good!

20160930_184822_zpsv82ulzpl.jpg

I mentioned my little Q3010's earlier in this thread, and they're still a stand-out purchase for the year. However, now it's settled in I'd like to add this...

Roksan Nima by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

...to my little list. Since getting the LP12 back in December, I honestly don't think I've listened to so much vinyl in a long time, but I'll give honourable mention to the humble Nima as it's just so damn good. :)

Very nice Gromit, but I'll see your Nima and raise you an RB1000 ;)

31024859880_7e326583c4_c.jpg

Mr Tibbs

glad you're obviously enjoying that old record player ;)

Very nice Gromit, but I'll see your Nima and raise you an RB1000 ;)

31024859880_7e326583c4_c.jpg

Mr Tibbs

glad you're obviously enjoying that old record player ;)

:D

Pah! 'Wobbly' really is the way forward dontcha know ;)

Aye...I'm happy to say the ol'fruitbox ain't too shabby.

I mentioned my little Q3010's earlier in this thread, and they're still a stand-out purchase for the year. However, now it's settled in I'd like to add this...

Roksan Nima by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

...to my little list. Since getting the LP12 back in December, I honestly don't think I've listened to so much vinyl in a long time, but I'll give honourable mention to the humble Nima as it's just so damn good. :)

Yes the Nima matches the LP12 beautifully. I have one on my LP12. It's very addictive start playing at 6pm and suddenly realise it's 1am!

Here's mine, although the platters now not quite so shiny!

http://www.signals.uk.com/blog/todays-lp12-build/attachment/515/

3627DB0F-2680-4839-BC60-229D84036B8F_zpspmuruaga.jpg

Yes the Nima matches the LP12 beautifully. I have one on my LP12. It's very addictive start playing at 6pm and suddenly realise it's 1am!

First time I heard a Linn/Nima was round at Lefty's place a few years ago - at the time I reckoned it was one of the sweetest LP12s I'd ever heard. No huge sonic fireworks, but just an effortless musicality which I could've listened to for hours on end. It just sounded 'right' somehow and whilst not reckoning I'd ever have another LP12 (last one was in 1991), here I am.

I had my Nima fitted at the same time as the Cirkus so it's been interesting hearing the deck's sonic character change over the last couple of weeks. Now it's all settled, it sings like a bird and still springs the odd 'haven't heard that particular shape of musical phrase before' moment. The Kore goes in on thursday.

HD Plex power supply, replaces wall warts and/or sends clean power to your motherboard/drives/USB cards etc etc.

Helluva upgrade for very little money.....

A close second - Uptone Regen (even better after being powered by the HDPlex)

I had my Nima fitted at the same time as the Cirkus so it's been interesting hearing the deck's sonic character change over the last couple of weeks. Now it's all settled, it sings like a bird and still springs the odd 'haven't heard that particular shape of musical phrase before' moment. The Kore goes in on thursday.

Wow, I'm having a Kore fitted hopefully this Friday!

Sony CDP-338ESD - redefined what I have heard in my system from CD.

Linn Ittok LVII - put the mojo back into my LP12.

Next up rebuild one of my ASAKAs.

advertisement

Back