advertisement

Yoko Ono - Later

Spiderous

pfm Member
If any of you didn't see it, I DARE you to sit through her performance, closing last night's Later, singing with Bassment Jaxx.:eek:

If proof were needed that this show is increasingly becoming the final nail in the coffin of many-a-has-been (or in her case, never-wasses), then this is proof indeed. It flips between cringe-making, hilarious and just plain bloody awful in the space of a single line of screeching.

Yeah, what's goin' on with the show lately. They seem to include one embarrassing "old time" performer every show now.

Basement Jaxx are hugely irritating / annoying to start off with IMO, adding Yoko at least added some comedy value.

The Dead Weather were superb though.

Tony.

absolutely Tony! Basemant jaxx imho is poss ~the worst of UK music, or any at all- add YO ontop? F*88 ME.. Ive never heard aything as bad- ever. I had to slap my hands over my ears & loud snuffling noises whilst scrambling for the remote with my foot- seriously!

yes Dead Weather vg, grooved/ energy there. (Miike... was a good std too i thought, US of course).

Can the bar/std get any lower for UK music now compared to US than this eg?? surely not. FFS Basement jax are FESTVAL HEADLINERS! nuff said. Im in consternation.

Basement Jaxx are hugely irritating / annoying to start off with IMO, adding Yoko at least added some comedy value.

The Dead Weather were superb though.

Tony.

Agreed (although I've probably seen Bassment Jaxx live about 5 times and they can be good fun on occassion). I never saw the Dead Weather (was in the pub watching my team getting thumped:(), but I believe the album is very good. What's their sound like?

Horehound lp? its a little bit too cleverclogs/cool for its own good (JW has his head a bit up his arse imo) but its still good+ raw, energy, hooky and 'Zep rootsy'. thats my Horehound appraisal.

Have to disagree with you there, fellas. I thought it was an inspired piece of pop lunacy, the sort we've sadly lacked during these dark days of indie-landfill. And it was Yoko Ono. What did you expect, a twee ballad?

Jack White's new mob were good fun, too. But didn't Smokey Robinson's facelift look painful?

The Dead Weather sounded fine. Think I'll try and get a ticket to see them.

Went to see Yoko Ono and her son, Sean, earlier this year at The Royal Festival Hall. She was entertaining and an education, but I didn't bother buying her latest album.

Basement Jaxx are pants, possibly the worst band in Britain. I bought their debut CD when it came out, but have never manged to play it all the way through.

Yoko hooking up with them is a bad lapse in taste. There again she is a 76 year old grandma and can't do everything right.

In between the shouting, screaming and moaning, she is a bit of a genius and in the Fifties worked with John Cage.

Now that's proper credibility.

The Basement Jaxx singer in the black and white catsuit is a bit of an artless c--t. I hope he didn't get any of my money when I bought the band's CD.

Jack

advertisement

Back