advertisement

Yello "Touch Yello"

scottcarpenter

pfm Member
For some ridiculous reason I am fairly new to Yello.

Today I have been listening to the 2009 (?) "Touch Yello" album and have been absolutely blown away by the songwriting quality and breathtaking production.

Can anyone recommend me some more gems?

It all seems to be available on Tidal so I'm sorted for instant access- although I did look (unsuccessfully) for the vinyl version today.

If it sounds this good on the Dac V1 then hopefully it will be even more incredible on vinyl on the fruit box.

With humble thanks,

A relative Yello novice :)

For me Stella is probably the high water mark, maybe Flag, though I really like their 1980 debut Solid Pleasure originally released on The Residents' Ralph Records, which gives some indication as to how quirky it was! They arrived full of ideas and over the years learnt how better to polish them, arguably ending up with too much polish and too little idea!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I think Touch is now sought after as being sold out on Vinyl,the Stella re-issue isn't bad compared to the original and Toy is very good.You can pick up,if your lucky,good copies from the auction site,but failing that the CD's are quite cheap.

Get them all as they never IMO made a bad album and production is always very good.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Touch is indeed superb, but IMO the ultimate vinyl is "Baby" (the CD's realatively poor). Truly awesome!

Many thanks for the comments chaps.

I shall be investigating their entire catalogue over the next few weeks.

You have given yourself the best advice, listen to the lot, never less than interesting, some real sonic high points, groovy tunes and madness.

advertisement

Back