advertisement

Yamaha GT2000L Hifido

Beware the postage cost. It is insane from Japan
I can’t argue this but do bear in mind that Hi-Fi Do packs their stuff well enough to survive pretty much anything short of direct missile strike. It’s worth every penny.

I can show you pictures of what a GT-2000 looks like when it’s shipped from Japan in inadequate packaging if you’re interested?

£1300 plus delivery plus Vat.

Still I good buy and if I hadn't just bought a Sony TTS8000 I'd have been very interested.

Don't think HiFi Do are too dear on delivery when you consider how they pack and where it's coming from, cost me £85 to send and amp (33kg) on a micro pallet to Manchester a couple of weeks ago.

Santa be here soon too 😉

PS: @Beobloke I remember your GT2000 arrival photos, grim to say the least :(

Say it's about 30kgs in weight, maybe the box would be say about 100cm x 60 cm - Does anyone have any experience of shipping costs from Japan - just interested in an overall cost, can't afford it right now, rather economics of doing it at some point in time???

£394 to the UK via FedEx

So about £1700 plus import charges and vat of around £400 making it roughly £2100 to bring it to the UK.

I'd still consider that a decent buy ;)

Thank you for sharing the costs - decent value overall, but sending ain't cheap - if you go ahead, please share updates on arrival 😀

£394 to the UK via FedEx

So about £1700 plus import charges and vat of around £400 making it roughly £2100 to bring it to the UK.

I'd still consider that a decent buy ;)
Agreed. I'm struggling to think of much else for the same price that would outperform it.

I would love a GT5000 turntable alongside my Rega just because of all the high mass decks I like that the most for irrational reasons. If I were in your shoes though OP I expect I’d pick a Technics given local supply and support for the money you’re looking at.

advertisement

Back