advertisement

Yahoo Auction - Aleado. Anyone used them?

p147

Sunny Sussex.
Looking for a turntable and this site Yahoo Auction Japan - Aleado keeps coming up, and it seems to be quite good, However I have never used them, does anyone have any experience in using them and are there any pitfalls to be aware of, before I get too involved?

I've bought some Technics cartridges and parts through Aleado at very good prices compared to eBay. I found the service to be very reliable and rapid to respond to email questions. There are a few issues, it's necessary to deposit Yen into an Aleado account prior to bidding, sufficient to cover the bid. Aleado handling charges are minimal, but postage can be fairly expensive. Unless you are fluent in Japenese ( I am not), the auction descriptions are auto translated, which is very hit n' miss. Import duty can be due depending on value but not always charged, from experience.
Good luck!

Do you really want to buy a turntable from Japan?
100volts 50/60hz in japan , duties/taxes/shipping
240v/50hz UK

No problem with buying from Japan, they seem to have what I am after, and I have bought from other countries and sold to other countries, without any problems Other than the last one from Jersey :(.

Again no problem with voltage, last one was 110 with transformer and quartz drive and no hum.

I've bought some Technics cartridges and parts through Aleado at very good prices compared to eBay. I found the service to be very reliable and rapid to respond to email questions. There are a few issues, it's necessary to deposit Yen into an Aleado account prior to bidding, sufficient to cover the bid. Aleado handling charges are minimal, but postage can be fairly expensive. Unless you are fluent in Japenese ( I am not), the auction descriptions are auto translated, which is very hit n' miss. Import duty can be due depending on value but not always charged, from experience.
Good luck!
Thanks, It is pot luck with duties and so forth, but even so factored in it can still be cheaper to import than buy from the UK.

Ah don't think Yahoo auctions are available in UK/Europe now. Ye can buy in private sales. There should be a small banner headline across the top of the page.

Locheeboy :cool:

Ah don't think Yahoo auctions are available in UK/Europe now. Ye can buy in private sales. There should be a small banner headline across the top of the page.

Locheeboy :cool:
As I understand, Yahoo auctions aren't available directly but can be accessed via these services like Aleado, or others. It proved easy to use Aleado, for me, with excellent service.

advertisement

Back