advertisement

X100 vs X100s

Exactly as Joe says, you must remember to lock focus though. The closer you get, the more inaccurate the frame lines but one gets used to it. TBH, I find, with style of shooting I use it for, it mostly does not matter. Capturing the image and having the vision around the frame is more important. Thats why I only switch to EVF when I really need to, and the composition is more important that the moment.

The downside is that I like the shutter release to do exposure as well as focus lock. When locking in focus, the histogram disappears from the display so if lighting conditions change during the "wait" for the moment its more difficult to tell any level of adjustment required.

The X100 is great camera though. For the price you pay nowadays its a billy bargain IMO. At far greater sums of money there would be other cameras I would consider but even then, not sure they could replace the X100 in all situations. I still think the X100 would be my go to camera given its weight, size and performance.

Just got a nice black X100 for my son. Lovely machine and perfect for a beginner to learn the fundamentals.

I'm trying to teach him basic photoshop techniques in CS3 but note it does not recognise the RAW files.

Can anyone advise what I need to do here?

Thanks,

Graeme

Graeme,

I think you need Photoshop CS5 to open RAW files from the X100.

Joe

actually, what you do is download the free Adobe to DNG raw converter and then open the DNG in CS3

I'll stick the link up in a sec for the converter

advertisement

Back