advertisement

x-e2 v x100t

saturn9

pfm Member
Apologies if this has already been done.

Can anyone make a comparison/ recommendation on image quality between the above, assuming the x-e2 has a similar lens? My head says to buy the x-e2 'just in case' I want to swap lenses,but my heart says that in reality I just won't bother. Photo interests are really just anything and everything.

Also any recommendations for decent second hand options?

Thanks for any thoughts...

John

John

They are the same sensor with the same lens will have the same IQ. That said the fixed lens on the X100T is not as sharp as the XF23mmf1.4 lens, but its a whole lot smaller.

The X100 cameras as a package are just lovely to use. Don't forget there are ca couple of excellent conversion lens for the X100 family giving FF equiv 28mm and 50mm field of view options.

There is something special and inspirational about the X100 that seems to make you take better pictures. I loved mine, and its still in the "family" but has now been passed on twice. It still takes lovely photos. I moved on the an X-E1, and now an X-E2, and the magic is still there, but, as you say, with more lens options. I took my X-E2 and the tiny 27mm f2.8 to WOMAD over the weekend, and it just slipped into my pocket, and was there when I needed it, but otherwise wasn't in the way. If I had to live with just this combination, I could (though I also have an X-T1, and primes from 12mm to 200mm).

I have the XE2s, the x100T and an X100.

The X100T is, by a long margin, the nicest camera I've owned. It is lovely to hold, has a easy logic in use, a few bells and whistles and just feels right in my hand. I want to take a photo every time I hold it and the images so far have been as excellent as I can get with my limited skills.

I bought the XE2s as I couldn't afford an X Pro 2 and didn't like to feel of the XT1 - I already had some basic fuji lenses - 18, 35 and a 55-200 zoom - from a XE1 which I p/x'd.

I like (but don't need) having both cameras. The interchangeable lenses add some options and the 35mm -1.4 in particular gives super sharp images. That said, if I had could only have one it would be the X100T.

The X100 was /is a fine camera. The images are a little grainer and the newer model is much faster to focus both with AF and manual. That said, although I should have p/x'd it and now should sell it I's struggling to part with it.

If you're looking second hand the XE2 is more or less the same as the XE2s and available a lot cheaper. The lenses, on the other hand, hold their value. You can get X100 and X100s second hand but, again, they hold their value so are unlikely to be many bargains. MPB have some passing through but they usually go within a day.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. x100 looks right to me, though I am also very much in the 'limited skills' arena.

Cheers,
John

advertisement

Back