advertisement

WTF? At Dover

eternumviti

Insufficient privileges to reply.
Beside me in the queue at Dover last week. Not the sort of thing you expect to see anywhere, at least in the UK, and least of all on an open trailer. It was presumably headed for Poland.

1Qb8nk.jpg

Those British criminals. No respect for a nice German motor. Never mind- that looks like a nice clean Vauxhall loaded up. That’ll be a rare marque soon, so could be well worth every penny of the £600 investment- even with bald tyres.

When the EU implodes (any time now) the rest of Europe will go back to driving on the left. These shrewd traders are just getting in on the action early.
Or: the Poles have figured out ways to sell to India that have escaped everyone else.
Or: they're just going to sell them for parts. A Vauxhall is an Opel in drag.

either that or a very, very angry carpenter who properly sorted them out with his Paslode nailer.
Steve I fancy that you’ve already done a quick calculation of repair costs and worked out a price to offer the geezer. BTW I only just noticed the rear screen, I was too busy looking at the bullet sized holes in the side.

Just noticed the windscreen now! Was EV thinking “must have been Turkish organised crime, thank god- we were going to be forced by the EU political elite to let 11 million more into Britain”.
The upholstery must be a right mess- hope it’s leather and not cream velour.

I have a Polish tenant. He says our cars are very cheap and there is quite a trade there in changing the dash and steering over to the correct side for not much money.

And they love Audis. Even with bullet holes

All seems normal to me.

Looks like small callibre single shot stuff, the sort of thing you see in Italian road signs, so no big deal.

No big deal until it comes through 0.8mm of steel, a bit of plastic trim and punches a hole in your torso, anyway.

I have a Polish tenant. He says our cars are very cheap
Same all over Europe. Cars in France are hugely expensive. A bit less so Germany, so people in your part of the world buy in Deutschland and reregister them. All the cheap UK lhd care to to France, remember the fiat barchetta? Nice cars, as soon as they dropped into the sub-2k range here they all disappeared. Drive it to France, sell it, fly back, free holiday.

I think one's gone through the fuel tank. It'd be interesting to know the backstory wouldn't it?
Fuel tanks the least of its worries I'd say. As for a back story, I'd say it was depressingly familiar to the police. Drugs gangs in a turf war, shootout at 2am in a city street, a couple of dead criminals, police not especially bothered, press gagged because we the public don't need to know how many times this happens in a month. I know this from a firearms and ballistic s expert who works for the police here in Leeds.

Drugs gangs in a turf war, shootout at 2am in a city street, a couple of dead criminals, police not especially bothered...

Just checked its mot history, last tested Jan, 126k miles, pass, no advisory notices. Not much in preceding years. It was a good car.

A bit of upholstery cleaner and some filler and it's a tidy little runner for the żona.

Same all over Europe. Cars in France are hugely expensive. A bit less so Germany, so people in your part of the world buy in Deutschland and reregister them. All the cheap UK lhd care to to France, remember the fiat barchetta? Nice cars, as soon as they dropped into the sub-2k range here they all disappeared. Drive it to France, sell it, fly back, free holiday.
I just bought a German motorbike and about to buy another! Never find a comparable price in France.

Got to say the last MR2 is at a great price in UK at the moment. Not bothered which side the steering wheel is at a grand.

last tested Jan, 126k miles, pass, no advisory notices. Not much in preceding years. It was a good car.

I don't think the latest incarnations of the M.O.T. include extra ventilation inlets, but that rear screen...........A car of that calibre and bullets of another calibre; not synergistic at all !

advertisement

Back