advertisement

Wow, this is how good?

stevec67

pfm Member
I wasn't sure to put this in audio or classic, but as it features an old Nytech then it's in here.

I've just cobbled together the following in the office:
Aldi internet radio playing RP or 6 Music
Nytech 252, sometimes tuned to BBC R3 FM
Single-driver spkrs on loan from Martin Clark of this parish. (Thanks Martin! I couldn't find space to use them in the old place but in this office they are a treat.)

It's absolutely fantastic. Nearfield and all that and not room filling or with teeth threatening bass, but as a finger tapping way to listen to music it's great. It makes a refreshing change from the megabucks stuff and gets an awful lot right for its intended use.

Haha! those little boxes still live? Good-o, we want pics!

There's an awful lot to be said for the minimum that gets you there. And no, there's no serious risk of 'teeth threatening bass' from a driver smaller than the tweeter in Our Dear Leader's Monitor Golds...

They still are fun! Actually it's Habitat pots but I think we can let that pass. Pics follow, they really work well and I've spent the morning with them running as I charge around preparing for a parental visit. Got to find somewhere to hide "Big Girls In Pink Knickers" Feb 1985 issue. Christ.

advertisement

Back