advertisement

Would you pay the asking price for these Speakers?

mercalia

pfm Member
I was sent an email about this fantastic offer of some ClassicQuad 12L2 speakers only £310. Some punters on Ebay really take the mickey, when you look at the condition of these examples incl broken speaker terminals. Well I thought worth a laugh. I bet the seller found them on a local tip? I bought my Epos M12i a couple of years ago now in excellent condition for just £150 & pair of M5i for just £125 a few months before that similar condition

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quad-12L-2-Classic-Main-Stereo-Speakers/273979798907?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160727114228&meid=f97e4a780cea4b8c96cf1d1ef99a52e1&pid=100290&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=273979798907&itm=273979798907&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2060778&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Nope, not even if they were mint, you can pick up a pair of Katans for that kind of money and to my ears at least, they’re a much better speaker. My friend has an Exposure system and bought a pair of these with the matching subwoofer, he’s a rock and heavy metal fan the end result was a congested and shrill mess, we subbed in my Katans and everything came to life... he ordered a pair of Katans.

Who cares? There's always some fool flying a kite on there in the hope that somebody may hit "buy it now" when they are pissed.

I wouldn't pay anywhere near that for those speakers... the same guy has a Leak Troughline Tuner for £50 which, if fully working, is a decent buy.

Who cares? There's always some fool flying a kite on there in the hope that somebody may hit "buy it now" when they are pissed.
I suspect that’s one of the bugbears of eBay free listings. That and the guy with 50 consecutive listings for banana plugs using every famous Hifi brand name in his advert.

I suspect that’s one of the bugbears of eBay free listings. That and the guy with 50 consecutive listings for banana plugs using every famous Hifi brand name in his advert.
This really annoys me, pages of DIY power cable completely unrelated to the item you're looking for.

Agreed, makes using eBay a really unpleasant experience.

Another major bugbear with eBay is not being able to eliminate listings for products from Chinese sellers, you get pages and pages of the same shit product that’d take weeks/months to arrive if you did choose to buy it.

advertisement

Back