advertisement

Would you cast your eye over this for me please

thedanfan

pfm Member
I'm looking for an AF-S or AF-D lens to open up the automatic functions on a Fujifilm S1 pro which I've just bought for my daughter's A level course. I've asked in the wanted section on here but had no luck. This chap is from a computer forum I'm a member of. Are his prices and comments reasonable?

Nikon 85mm f1.8, Tamron 24-135mm and Sigma 70-210mm available, all AF-D. If my arm's really twisted I might make my 18-135mm available.

I can do the 24-135mm and 70-210mm for £65 each. The 85mm and 18-135mm will be more like £140 each. I suggest the 24-135mm would be the most useful as it will give the equivalent angle-of view to a 35-200mm lens on a 35mm film
camera. It's an excellent lens that originally cost around £250 and was my
favourite while I was still using film.

I have an AF Nikkor 24-85 1:2.8-4 D IF hanging around which I know works well on that camera

You can see what they go for on ebay

I suspect it is significantly sharper than the Tamron listed and he doesn't mention what make the 18-135 is.

Let me know if you are interested and want to make an offer on the lens,
cheers
Cliff

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I have a Tamron 28-105 hanging around doing nothing. It was a relatively cheap lens when I bought it, but it always gave pretty good results. There's a description of it here:

http://www.photodo.com/product_509.html

These were taken with the above lens and a Fuji S2:

bride4.jpg

bride3.jpg

Yours for the cost of postage + a small donation to the British Heart Foundation. PM if interested.

advertisement

Back