advertisement

Would you buy flood-submerged equipment?

What proportion of normal resale price has this flood-submerged equipment?

• 0%

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • 5%

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • 15%

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • 40%

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 80%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My house is the furthest one away in the distance - Dec 30th 2015. Historical flooding records going back to 1829, had no idea when purchased in 2010 there was the slightest risk, my bad. Now have flood doors/seals in place, cost a few quid but some peace of mind.

Ruu9sic.jpg

well when you sell you can add "has riverside view"

Historical flooding records going back to 1829, had no idea when purchased in 2010 there was the slightest risk, my bad.

Although slightly OT but I'm intrigued as to why this is "Your bad", at the risk of upsetting any conveyancing solicitor types on the forum they're supposed to determine stuff like this aren't they?

I know we are seeing climate change etc. etc. but I seriously doubt anywhere in the UK has suffered flooding in the last 50yrs for which there is NO historical precedent. My house in Yeadon (Park Road for any locals) was built circa 1937 and in "blocks" with, originally, walled gardens and gaps between "blocks". It never really occurred to me to ask why.

One day coming back from sitting my Masters oral exam in Gosforth it had been raining in that part of Yorkshire for some time including that day. By the time I got to Yeadon there was debris all over the place and water coming out of all manner of places and water gushing down across Park Road from higher up and flowing through the existing gaps quite happily.

Clearly back in 1937 this was known and suitable precautions taken.

Contrast this with a visit to my sister down in Somerset back in 2000. She had recently moved in to a new build property on an ongoing development. At the time of my visit the footings for houses on the other side of the road were under water and I know they were completed.

Builders, planners and the legal profession have a lot to answer for. Corruption does exist out side the current government???????? Pin removed from grenade - retire to safe distance........

Regards

Richard

Last edited:
Builders, planners and the legal profession have a lot to answer for. Corruption does exist out side the current government???????? Pin removed from grenade - retire to safe distance........

Very much this!

Locally a load of fields were built on that I used to visit to take sunset pics of some lovely very old and very tall trees.. In anything ranging from heavy rain upwards that last more than 24 hours the fields would be flooded, as it is in the flood plain for a local river nearby. Sometimes it would be upto 2 foot of water.

This is now ALL houses, dense as well. They are going to flood at some point.
Should have build on the other side of town, its quite a bit higher

The Fecal Enhancer mode should come out of that P75 II in the dishwasher.

(Better yet, the neighbour's dishwasher, whilst they are away snow-birding in Florida.)

I wouldn't touch any of it - everything from corrosion to biological contaminants, abrasive particles, &c &c.

As for "trying to profit form her misfortune" - has she not heard of insurance...?

And no, I haven't read the thread... ;-)

advertisement

Back