advertisement

[FS] World Designs Phono3 MM and PSU3 Preamplifier

misterc6

Wasted and wounded, it ain’t what the moon did
The Phono3 is an all valve phono stage that matches a wide variety of turntables and cartridges. It utilises all passive RIAA equalisation over two gain stages offer unparalleled accuracy and freedom from the slew rate limiting of common loop feedback EQ stages.

This Phono3 was built by a qualified electronics engineer in September 2021 and is for MM cartridges. I bought it from him and, following advice from WD, upgraded it to surpass even the XL version of the Phono3. The output capacitors are now WIMA MKP4 and the coupling capacitors are now WIMA MKP10. All the resistors in the input stage have been upgraded to foil types and battery bias has been applied to the input valve. The original JJ ECC83 S valves have been replaced by Soviet 12AX7LPS types which lowered the noise floor. The JJ’s are also included in the sale.

The PSU3 came to me from the same source and is a high performance choke power supply with separate HT and Heater feeds. It has star earthing and Ultra Fast, Low Noise, Schottky Heater Diodes. The large electrolytic capacitors are high spec Kemets.

£450 including tracked and insured postage in the U.K. I will only ship to the U.K.

advertisement

Back