advertisement

Working Week

Fuller

pfm Member
Listening to Working Week - Working Nights for the first time in about 30 years. Got the album on release with the free 12” single.
They were touted as the next big thing at the time but then disappeared pretty quickly. Shame. It’s a good album.

If you have working nights with the free 12" and the venceremos 12" (with wonderful Robert Wyatt vocals), you have everything worth hearing - and it's all very much worth hearing. After that they became very bland in my view.

^^^ That is the one I have. I haven’t played it for years so I will have to give it a spin. I also wasn’t tempted by anything after that one.

Working Nights is one of those records I constantly see in the £2 boxes at record fairs but I've never been tempted to pick up a copy.
Next time I see one I'll invest £2 and have a listen.

Another 12", the only thing by them I regularly play, with a great slice of hammond funk and a julie tippetts vocal, is storm of light - very much recommended

I'd forgotten of their very existence but I have at least "Fire in the Mountain" and maybe another, on vinyl.

I recall now being disappointed with FITM but I must have been impressed with their previous work that I'd heard elsewhere to have bought it...

advertisement

Back